Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Introduction (no dog yet!)

Home Archive Forums General Category Introductions Introduction (no dog yet!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Vickydoo

Hello everyone,

I joined the forum in the hope of gathering as many tips as I can before getting my dog.

We are hoping to get a Newfoundland pup later in the year.

I understand from some of the posts I have been reading the forum has gone quiet over recent months, but hopefully for everyone things will pick up.

I can’t promise to have much input at the moment but will do my best and will certainly be here doing my research!

Val

Hallo and Welcome you will have a lot of research to do with buying a Newfie
    Good Luck
    Val

Gracie

Hello and welcome 🙂

Hi and welcome!

There is still people here, we just lurk at the minute lol!  Ask Qs and you will get answers!  ;D

Vickydoo

Thanks all!

Research into the breed itself is done.  We’ve wanted a Newf for the last 2 years but haven’t had a big enough house for one.  But we are moving into a bigger place in the next month or so, so have started looking into the training side of things.

My OH thinks I’m mad to start researching training methods so soon, but I want to make sure I know what I’m doing before the pup gets here.  And by the looks of things there is LOTS to learn about the right and wrong way to do things!

Val

So who’s kennel did you pick to buy a pup from? as for training Newfies are big dogs so they need good training along with big houses and big beds  ;D
    Val

Anonymous

Hi and welcome,
    Everyone on this board were a great help to me and my hubby when we got our goldie last year, so im sure any questions will get answered. A newfoundland wow, there’s a pup lives near us hes only 7 months and massive but also untrained hes nuts lol…

training is the key Good luck  🙂

Vickydoo

[quote author=Val link=topic=15144.msg275197#msg275197 date=1272900477]
    So who’s kennel did you pick to buy a pup from? as for training Newfies are big dogs so they need good training along with big houses and big beds  ;D
    Val
    [/quote]

Hopefully from Suzanne at Sandbears.  I contacted her a few weeks ago as I thought there would be a long waiting list and she actually had a girl then, that she wanted to go to a pet home.  Was so hard saying we couldn’t take her.

We still have to meet, but she is going to be back in touch in June when she mates one of her girls.  So will arrange to see her before then.  Hoping that she likes us and we like her!

Val

They have some lovely dogs and they are all health checked very important with the Newfies

[quote author=Vickydoo link=topic=15144.msg275199#msg275199 date=1272909804]
    Val
    [/quote]

Hopefully from Suzanne at Sandbears.  I contacted her a few weeks ago as I thought there would be a long waiting list and she actually had a girl then, that she wanted to go to a pet home.  Was so hard saying we couldn’t take her.

We still have to meet, but she is going to be back in touch in June when she mates one of her girls.  So will arrange to see her before then.  Hoping that she likes us and we like her!
    [/quote]

Hello and welcome to the forum  ;D

So nice to see someone doing their research properly, means your much more likely to have a happy healthy dog – al the best luck for the future.

*Lassie*

Hello and welcome, we will need lots of puppy pics when you get your new boy/girl.
    lots of training advice in the stickies section, any thing not covered just shout and someone can advise.

[quote author=Vickydoo link=topic=15144.msg275199#msg275199 date=1272909804]
    Val
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Nice choice!  :ok:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime