Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Is it me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lama

Is it me or does everyone else think it is totally inappropriate to keep 3 x 12-week old Maltese puppies in a hamster cage?

http://www.epupz.co.uk/clas/viewdetails.asp?view=202131

Anonymous

OMG look at the state of them 🙁 £1,000 and NO PEDIGREE they seriously are having a laugh arent they!

Lama

These poor creatures look ill, and I cannot believe that they can be allowed to be kept in these conditions and that Epupz think that this is okay.  Am I right in thinking that they bang on about buying puppies from reliable sources and that the RSPCA contribute their opinions and advice to this site?

It has really upset me and I don’t know what, if anything, can be done to help stop this.

Anonymous

maybe you could email epupz? I’d send an email to the seller but but you’d have to pay £6.99 for the priviliged ::), bl**dy cheek, why should you have to pay to email a seller just cos the ad is less than a week old ???
    I presume that as they are the size of a small rabbit they feel it ok to house them like one, they are seriously expensive little things arent they, some of them on there are £1800 😮

Lama

Unfortunately I have emailed Epupz in the past about Coton de Tulears being sold as minature Old English Sheepdogs, but very pleased I didn’t hold my breath as I have never heard anything since, and the breeder continues to this very day to sell them under this banner.  How can this continue?  It’s like selling a Cairn Terrier as an Irish Wolfhound – similar coat, four legs and a tail – just one massive difference …

God this makes me so mad!!! Its like the ads they place at pets at home too, the RSPCA are putting their names on here, something which has no real regualtions, no health tested dogs, yet they’re bleating on about the Kennel club etc.  This is ridiculous!

And what a cheek to put in the ad no show homes, as if anyone wanting a show dog would choose them!  :canadian:

Lama

It seems that they have double standards.

http://www.epupz.co.uk/clas/viewdetails.asp?view=202131

look at these!  What the hell is the one on the left?  Looks more like a collie x
    qnd in addition they are all guaranteed to be free of congenital defects for life  ::) yeah right!!

Lama

Pityful isn’t it? 

I think they are probably of a Bichon or something of that ilk background because of the tear-staining on the face and they must be so small because of the container they are being shown in – a hamster cage!!!!  Note the food and drink left on the house-training mat – when that cage is on, what room do the poor souls have to move?

I have six dogs myself, all pedigree and rescued from one place or another and it truly breaks my heart to see these poor little ones in these conditions.

they obviously don’t give a monkeys about the pups. its gone now but the other day there was a woman advertising a dog as a labradoodle in one ad, and then advertising the same dog as a pedigree curly coated retriever  ::) ridiculous

Anonymous

We know this one she thought she could pull the wool over this boards eyes them she ran into me and Bev.
    Why don’t you send the link to the RSPCA they are the ones that think registered dog breeders are the pits lets all sent all the ads on to the wonderful RSPCA
    Val

[quote author=Lama link=topic=12670.msg244760#msg244760 date=1223744795]
    Unfortunately I have emailed Epupz in the past about Coton de Tulears being sold as minature Old English Sheepdogs, but very pleased I didn’t hold my breath as I have never heard anything since, and the breeder continues to this very day to sell them under this banner.  How can this continue?  It’s like selling a Cairn Terrier as an Irish Wolfhound – similar coat, four legs and a tail – just one massive difference …
    [/quote]

I was going to write an email and complain but i couldn’t find the relevant addy  ???

Prem2Pram
    Lama

Thanks for that Minpin- complaint/link will be sent today.  Even if they do nothing (surely not!) then at least I know in my mind that I have tried.

By the way, while I’m in moan mode, have found another litter of Cotons on the wonderful Epupz, this time being sold as Maltese – well I suppose that’s more akin to the breed than an Old English Sheepdog!!!!!!!

Anonymous

why on earth would you sell a coton as a maltese ??  i can kinda understand with the “mini OES” thing ppl want the dog – not the size but …. bizarre !

claire x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime