Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Is organic (grassfed) meat enough on it’s own?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Is organic (grassfed) meat enough on it’s own?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mugatea
    Participant
    quote :

“Grassfed fat has a very different composition than the fat of factory meat. Factory meat has far too much omega-6 fatty acids, and is lacking in CLA and various fat-soluble vitamins. Grassfed fat has a perfect omega-3 to omega-6 ratio, and is full of nutrients like CLA and fat-soluble vitamins.”

Would organic meat be enough to feed my dog on it’s own, including offal?

Other foods such as grain, rice and corn contain gluten/prolamins a self defence protein from plants that can lead to inflammation of the gut, body, skin and wet linings of the animals who eat them, often resulting in chronic disease (at least for humans). So shouldn’t they be avoided?

And do we really need veg?  Cause dogs wouldn’t eat them in the wild, unless eating whole animals give nutrients that just feeding parts of animals don’t give?

kizkiznobite

grass fed meats are good and fine hun…dogs dont have to have fruit and veg…but they an easy source of vitamins and like them…many feed meat only diets without carbs and rice protiens…as long as they get the right mix of meats to cover the amino acids needed…so meat and offal is ok with a nice meaty bone thrown in now and then for teeth cleaning

mugatea
    Participant

Thanks Bev!

Yeah, Ruby loves her bones, I’ve noticed that since she has been fed stuff like chicken wings since she was a pup that she is a great chewer, I’ve noticed this when I’ve been feeding other dogs and some of them don’t even chew the just swallow whole.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime