Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

its official – william is the most barkiest dog in the world ever !!

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip its official – william is the most barkiest dog in the world ever !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

well, aunty bev has been today and wills barking is so bad that he needs sedatives before i can do any work with him 🙁

Anonymous

Why, whats happened, has he always been barky and its got worse?

Anonymous

Hi,

Well … i should have known as soon as look at him in his little rescue kennel – bouncing up and down jumping 5′ high and barking like a loon …

However, the barking has gone through phases where its got quite bad but the other day I left the recorder on and he literally barked himself until he was exhausted – 3 hours virtually solidly.  When I came home he was stressed, desperate to get out the crate almost panicking and panting.

I’ve tried valerian tabs but Bev says they arent touching him, tried a jumper smelling of me, tried kongs, tried walks (improves because he is knackered if its a long walk), rescue remedy, DAP plugin and spray …. you name it !

I got it cracked when misty was here with all 3 of them quiet.  This is not a sep anx. dog – he has been crate trained for more than 5 years now and left 9-10+ hours without a peep on occasions.

Its me – Bev says it is …. Catherine says it is …. I re-inforce what I shouldnt and he reacts to my emotions and I probably re-inforce that wrongly too ??  I also lose it and shout at him and dont praise them enough.  I just dont have the mental space for either of them at the moment to be honest.

Claire. x

Anonymous

so he’s stressed, you get stressed, he barks more, you shout, he barks more, you shout more, he barks more…………I get the picture 🙁 must be hard,  does Bonnie bark aswell?

deebee

just replied with a quote which appeared without comment (my laptop is twitchy), then decided that i cant express….. sorry to hear youre having problems Claire.

Anonymous

Hi,

Bonnie used to have sep anx. but now she very rarely barks – she did today when aunty bev visited but i think thats just because she turns back into a 2mth old puppy when she is here !!

To start with he isnt stressed – he is working to avoid going in his box either because he views it as a punishment (which he shouldnt / doesnt intentionally) or because he is just the objectionable sod that he is !!  Then he barks which he finds hugely rewarding (too complex to guess at why!!) then I come back in and he shuts up (because he thinks i am gonna let him out) and i fuss him and say bye again and then i get to the door and he barks etc etc … and eventually i am late, stressed and harry is also upset and i probably say SHUTTHEFUCKUPYOUBUGGER and he cowers a bit and then is quiet until i get out of ear shot and then starts again.

I think some of the problem is placement of his crate – complaining next door cant hear him but he can hear bark-a-lot dog from other next door (UNATTACHED FUCKME SHES LOUD!!!!!) and I think she is also setting him off plus he can hear sounds from outside as there is less between him and “the outside” as the room only backs onto garage.

i’m lost – what i need is for bev to stay over and work us out !!

Claire x

Anonymous

and to say GETALIFE he not sad he FUCKINGYOUABOUTLADY !!!!

Anonymous

Can you not leave the radio on while your out? I do for mine when I work, they dont bark but it just gives them a bit of ‘company’ I think,  Kodi’s a moo she barks a bit, but wont be quiet when you tell her, she always has to have the last word! ::)

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for suggesting but i’ve already tried the radio, “relaxation” music, pop songs, and all different genres of internet radio lol !!

Claire x

Anonymous

Whale music? 😉 😀

*Nick*

umm, so the crate isn’t working..take him out of the crate?  :confused:

Anonymous

Nick – if i leave him in the back room (with no crate) – he barks just the same 🙁

if i leave him in the lounge – he is quiet mostly but if someone walks past or comes to the door he goes bananas and its not good for him, the neighbours are complaining and have threatened police / env health / rspca on us and i have de-sensitised it as much as i feel i can (now they might bark 2-3 times if i am in and have treats) and only react to nearby sounds.

soooo ….. ????

Claire x

I do wonder about some neighbours I swear they got nothing better to do……….our neighbours dog went through a real spate of bark bark bark – well actually yap yap yap – rather loud, never crossed our mind to call police etc  ???

Anonymous

well yeah …. its like lily the little shih tzu (? cant quite tell shes all clippered off) goes nutty when ppl walk by and carries on for ages plus baits bonnie and wills in the garden but they are dog ppl – we are dog ppl and you just work with what you have dont you ?  we have our issues that we’re working on – they have theirs which they’re working on sooo its like you accept it and move on dont you?

she’s a sweet little thing really but blimey she’s cocky !!  lovely with the kiddies tho and thats what you need in a dog when kids are walking it i think 🙂

claire x

*Lassie*
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime