Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Jess and her nose, mouth and lip

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Jess and her nose, mouth and lip

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Here the pics Val:

[img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/SANY1337.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/SANY1336.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/SANY1335.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/SANY1333.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/SANY1334.jpg[/img]

This is the best I can do at the moment, she has it in her head that the camera is going to hurt her!  :-\

The other lump on her nose is this:
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/SANY1338.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=350]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/SANY1339-1.jpg[/img]

Its like there is a foreign body in it, but I cant see anything.

Anonymous

do you think she’s shoved her snout into some plant that irritates and/or has sharp bits on and ones dug into the skin ??

claire x

Izzie

Claire that dog and her nose gets everywhere.

She been snouting and we have ants everywhere in the garden too

Anonymous

Hate to say this Izzie but  :-\ :-* I think that needs a vet check am not worried about the nose as much as the bump as that could be a grass seed thats gone down the tear duct and is infected.
    The rest as I said earlier give it a scrub in hibiscrub or any surgical scrub that is too big an area to treat with pure Bee Propolis if she was mine I would do Hibiscrub then Aloe Vera
    Val

Izzie

Ok thanks Val, will get her to vets about the bump

Izzie

Am back, it not a grass seed (thankfully!) they think its a bite that been irritated by a grass seed, she offered me some sort of drugs and I kinda looked at her >:D, so we agreed not to give her anything for now, and just keep an eye on it.  ;D

Got hibiscrub and aloe vera to clear up the rest. 

Thank you Val!  :-* :-*

Anonymous

Phew that got me worried you know I must of been to send a springer to the vets,  :'( have seen a beardie get an arrow head seed go in by that route and he ended up having an operation to find it.

Think the scrub and AV will cure it
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=12035.msg230949#msg230949 date=1216403743]
    Am back, it not a grass seed (thankfully!) they think its a bite that been irritated by a grass seed, she offered me some sort of drugs and I kinda looked at her >:D, so we agreed not to give her anything for now, and just keep an eye on it.  ;D

[/quote]

Izzie

I thought so, but I would never doubt yours or Bev’s opinions, might ask lots of questions about it ;D but only way I am going to learn!  🙂

[quote author=Val link=topic=12035.msg230951#msg230951 date=1216404088]
    Phew that got me worried you know I must of been to send a springer to the vets,  :'( have seen a beardie get an arrow head seed go in by that route and he ended up having an operation to find it.

Val

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Kind of you to say  :-* :-*

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=12035.msg230953#msg230953 date=1216404270]
    I thought so, but I would never doubt yours or Bev’s opinions, might ask lots of questions about it ;D but only way I am going to learn!  🙂

[quote author=Val link=topic=12035.msg230951#msg230951 date=1216404088]

Val

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Ohh poor Jess – hope it heals up soon Honey sympathises on the bites  😉  :-*

I pulled a grass seed out of a yorkies armpit the other day  😮 head was already well into the skin!!

Glad she’s OK, good advice on the hibiscrub Val, wouldn’t have thought of something like that!

Anonymous

Have used it for donkeys years must of mentioned it on the board before  ;D
    Hibiscrub eliminates 99.99% of skin bacteria including MRSA – and its powerful antibacterial action goes on working for up to six hours use it on my dogs and in the grooming room if I have come in contact with something dodgy like KC mange etc I shower in it
    Val

[quote author=TobyTeaCosy and Angela link=topic=12035.msg230980#msg230980 date=1216408185]
    Glad she’s OK, good advice on the hibiscrub Val, wouldn’t have thought of something like that!
    [/quote]

oh no poor jess…hope it clears up soon, should do with the hibi scrub that stuff is excellent used to use it all the time for our last horse that had loads of different mite & bacterial infections in and around one of his feet  ::)

wonder what it was that she shoved her nose into?  ??? silly girl!  :-*

Izzie

You name it, she would have done, she loves fresh raspberries so is always in them picking them off when she thinks noone is looking, them, strawberries and blueberries too!  ::)

She doesnt like me at the moment as have hibiscrubed her  😀

Anonymous

Glad it was nothing serious :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime