Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Jesta has been diagnosed

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Jesta has been diagnosed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Jest has been diagnosed with Mitral Valve Dysplacia. I have to phone my usual vets to get an appointment for an xray to see how bad it is.
    The poor little mite has had her belly shaved for an ultrasound scan, and has a square of fur missing from each paw. She now has several grazes on her belly where the razor caught her.

I now have to contact her breeder to make him aware of the problem, in case he uses the same sire as Jesta’s (her mum is over 8 now)

kizkiznobite

bless – fingers and paws crossed  :-*

Anonymous

Aw  :-* :-* :-* for Jesta

oh bless ((Hugs to jesta))  :-*

Poor Jesta  🙁 put some aloe vera on her grazes  :-*

Izzie

Never thought of Aloe vera, thanks Suz! ;D

your welcome – thought Id suggest it before Val did  😉  ;D

Anonymous

You know me well  ;D poor lassie hope it’s manageable, it’s a b***er is Mitral Valve Dysplacia I hope the sire is not a popular one, I really feel for the cavie folks
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=8704.msg155783#msg155783 date=1183719924]
    [/quote]

young

Poor Jesta  :'(  hugs to her  :-*

Izzie

[quote author=Val link=topic=8704.msg155785#msg155785 date=1183720598]
    You know me well  ;D poor lassie hope it’s manageable, it’s a b***er is Mitral Valve Dysplacia I hope the sire is not a popular one, I really feel for the cavie folks
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=8704.msg155783#msg155783 date=1183719924]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Jesta is an Englsih Springer Spaniel. I had been umming and arring about breeding from her, but now I know without a doubt that there is no way on earth I will breed from her. Once we have the xray done and know what the situation is currently like I will have her spayed.
    I am trying to get into contact with her breeder to let him know now!

Anonymous

Oh my doG I thought she was a cavie Mitral Valve Dysplacia is not common in Springers to my knowledge is she KC breed or not?
    Val

*Nat*

Poor Jesta –  :-* to the girlie  :-*

Izzie

Yes both girls are KC registered, I have now been in contact with the breeder and he said that he hadnt heard of it and was quite concerned about it all, though none of the other pups have gone back to him with problems. He wont breed from Jess’s mother anymore anyway as she turned 8 after J was about 4 weeks old.

It isnt common in Springers but it isnt unheard of, unfortunately I cannot do as much as I wanted to do with her, such as agility or gundog training as she can have a run for about 30-45 mins before it becomes too much for her.

She has to have her x-ray on 18th July so will have to wait to see what the results from that will be…
    Its just so sad that there are so many tests out there to help breeders find out if their dogs are healthy 100% but most people wont take them due to costs, time, etc.

Gracie

aw so sorry to hear about Jesta  :-* hugs to her and you  🙂

Anonymous

MMmm I would have prefered to read that he did know something about it, I have to say the only contact I really have with Springers are the ones I know or groom and they are all healthy beasts some are KC reg others are workers.
    I will cross my fingers that something can be done, is your other girlie off the same lines?
    I think you will find a lot of breeders spend a lot of money on tests before breeding I certainly know I do just had Mels eyes tested just to be sure we have no problems in the breed but I always say ‘ How do you know if you are not testing for it’
    The beardies had everything Hips, eyes, thyroids, bloods, swabs. but I do know what you mean some don’t  :'( if the KC made it compulsory for any registered pups to be tested I would be a happy bunny

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=8704.msg155853#msg155853 date=1183732515]
    Yes both girls are KC registered, I have now been in contact with the breeder and he said that he hadnt heard of it and was quite concerned about it all, though none of the other pups have gone back to him with problems. He wont breed from Jess’s mother anymore anyway as she turned 8 after J was about 4 weeks old.

It isnt common in Springers but it isnt unheard of, unfortunately I cannot do as much as I wanted to do with her, such as agility or gundog training as she can have a run for about 30-45 mins before it becomes too much for her.

She has to have her x-ray on 18th July so will have to wait to see what the results from that will be…
    Its just so sad that there are so many tests out there to help breeders find out if their dogs are healthy 100% but most people wont take them due to costs, time, etc.

[/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime