Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Jesta Woo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Jesta Woo

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
  • Author

poor jess is it healing at all hun?

Izzie

It was doing okish, she wasnt limping quite so badly and her foot wasnt swollen as much.

oh bless her maybe she’s knocked it again i preume they didn’t put any sort of support on or anything?

Izzie

she had been trodden on twice yesterday

No support, am thinking that maybe I should take her back up and see if they will splint it for me, even if it for a few days.  :-\

maybe an idea help support it through the initial healing

Poor JEss how is she this evening?  :-*

Izzie

She has slept all evening, been quiet all day.  :-\

meant to be going training tonight- that out the window, so am going with mum and trix for a break from the house.  ;D

good good enjoy the peace and quiet  😉

hiya is jess’s paw any better today?

Izzie

She is walking on it, but it still swollen and she throwing the leg out when she walks.

Anonymous

aww poor jess 🙁

well …. i know some vets will full cast a broken weight bearing toe (7-10 days atleast, some re-plaster after this too) but you cant do that if she’s still got swelling there and you dont really want to restrict the knee fully or she’ll be stiff and lose muscle there.  i would go for poultice with adh. wrap over – it comes in pink too 😀 

when you put the vr on i would make a poultice rectangle to wrap leg in and cover in vr then use seperate bits of vr to keep it in place that way you can take it on and off a bit like horses travel boots.  dont vr over her pads or claws – you can leave poultice extended over the top to help if someone treads on her again – but if you wrap those bits she’ll get infected feet and ohgod they smell !  take it off to air the leg at her quiet times – its there to support and stop her doing too much.  oh and dont leave her alone if her or trix will chew it.

assume you given her arnica for swelling ?

are you giving any painkillers i bet its sore 😉

claire x

p.s. far as i know healing is same as us izzie 4-6wks to be sure in a healthy adult – i’ve known vets to reccommend all this time lead walks only but she’ll need physio after if you put a fixed splint or cast on for this long – plus if you cant air the leg it’ll probably get skin problems.

Izzie

The vet wont cast or splint it.  :-\

Am thinking of phoning on Monday to ask him whether it would be wise as she is hitting and catching it :-\.

She has got Rym, vet siad 1/4 of a tab- but have popped her onto SJW, as she goes a bit crazy on Rym.  😛

Thanks Claire  :-*

Anonymous

Hi,

no, and you dont want them to either – dogs have lost legs literally gone rotten in the cast.

poultice + vetwrap so you can air and change and its soft not completely restrictive – not over toes or pads 😀  check/air 2-3 times a day – extend poultice but not vr over top / sides of foot if catching it.

promise – i’ve treated poorly paws before and the more tightly and fully you encase them the more warmth and moisture you create for bacteria – calls dont cost owt, if you didnt see the X-R then get vet to check there was no fragments.

Claire x

Izzie

They didnt xray it, he felt it, the bones crunched when he moved the toe :vomit:

Thanks Claire,  :-*

Anonymous

hi,

any old people on here (not being ageist its just they arent used much now in medicine) – what’s best for poultice to get swelling down for Jess ?

DIDNT X-RAY !!!!!  what if she has chips lodging against tendons and wearing them or nerves and damaging them … good lord so vets now have x-ray vision !!

i would ask others about this – this might be one time where i would atleast be tempted to give some sedation to get a pic.

claire x

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime