Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Jesta Woo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Jesta Woo

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

actually…and this may be a blind trail…but…following on from SP’s post and hock use in herders and having seen the way she turns on a run….called mum…and mum says yep rear small toe breaks in herders are common and the breaks do heal fast but tendon damage is the problem that is left…she then did her norm and said ‘who are you going to ask these questions of when i die  ::)’ and hung up  😀

so val…SP…herder toe damage… :-\

GSPmad

yep that was partly why i put the link up bev… greyhounds, fast cornering (it’s a greyhound site), ligaments, tendons, sesamoids…. springers, fast everything…. how much am i allowed to copy and paste off sites?

GSPmad

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2002&PID=2664

Article on sesamoids. Have sent you a bit by PM bev.

Anonymous

kiz – your mum too stubborn to go on – bet she hangs about for years as a norty poultergeist so you’ll be able to keep on asking … one plate for yes – two for no  😀

claire x

kizkiznobite

claire…you may be right…will brace myself….we have now had 10 ‘special’ xmas pressy’s on the basis that it her last  ::) anyway….

terry copy and post what you think may be useful…can always delete it

where’s val…. :help:

she could beat any greyhound on a turn….and she does cross her hocks….she does what my dad called ‘spot turns’ if it was filmed…you would see the ‘freeze pads to ground’… both back feet together but the left slightly to the rear..and then the  spine humped as the front joint them …so all 4 feet are in a small box… then the cross of the back hocks without moving rear feet….just as she does the rear driven sprint forward while splaying front feet/legs forward on with the power from the rear….and she knows exactly what to do with her head on that sprint forward for momentum….

GSPmad

Racing dogs commonly injure the ligaments in their toes, and they may occasionallybreak a toe as well. The repair options include surgery, bandaging or casting, toeamputation, and/or retirement. The middle toes are the weight-bearing toes, andinjuries to these toes are more serious than those to the outside toes. Surgical repairof the ligaments saves the toe but takes six weeks to heal, with multiple bandagechanges. Toe amputation allows the dog to return to racing in fourteen days. Some lig-aments and bones are not repairable with surgery, and amputation is the only option.If your greyhound is missing a toe, he will probably not have any future problems, andyou will not have much follow-up care. He should be able to jog, run, and so on with noproblems.

GSPmad

That one wasn’t much use but can’t copy and paste the link I’d put in cos it’s pdf…. it’s just you that won’t able able to access it though i should think bev.  🙂

GSPmad

how on earth did you manage that?!  :surrender:

Anonymous

I is here  :ok: had a hard day
    Izzie had a look at the pics I think it could be a tendon the video only tells me it’s ain’t broken, tendons can take an age to repair.
    Val

Anonymous

just had a read of the other posts Bev beardies do not tend to knock their feet about think it’s because they are light on the feet, have hair that protects the toes, and alos I think with their long ribs they turn super qiuck but super easy.
    Not knocking any dogs but BC and springer are the nuttiest of all dogs have had a few in for grooming with busted feet.
    Val

Izzie

[quote author=Val link=topic=12564.msg247669#msg247669 date=1225222375]
    I is here  :ok: had a hard day
    Izzie had a look at the pics I think it could be a tendon the video only tells me it’s ain’t broken, tendons can take an age to repair.
    Val
    [/quote]

Thanks Val
    :-*

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime