Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Just when I think……

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Just when I think……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

That I wont get anything from Trixie in terms of cues when out and we manage the bird and squirrel catching/killing She goes and surprises me!

Am prouder than proud of Trixie- the superstar!

Went to the park in the pouring rain, let Trixie off the lead look up and she has a black thing in her mouth, the crows are going berserk when I realised it was a crow  😮

Got my cue of dead, drop it in and and and she listened!!!!!  😮 😮 😮 😮

Not only did she drop it, when she went to have another go I cued leave, and she turned away from it and left it alone!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is the first time she has ever ever listened to the cues when she had a bird in her mouth! Its her ultimate reward and she did what she was told.

Am soo proud!!!  ;D ;D ;D She got a huge praise up and off we went and had a fab walk- then she bogged off! ::) and eventually came back. Can deal with that, she left the bird alive!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

kizkiznobite

and there you go…genetics …drives ….ancient memory and a little training  😉  🙂  :ok:

trixie girl..well done..now then…CROWS DON’T COUNT…ok….go do with a nice fat duck or a goose or a pheasant or a grouse …they count just fine…

::) noneeatsblackcrowsnastyblackcrowsdontcountyouhavetogetotherbirdsthatdothenmumcanhavethebreastbitsandyoucanhavetherestitagooddealokgirl  ::) amilou

Izzie

Cough,Trixie, cough

Jess is still on no excersize at the moment.

kizkiznobite

realised as i pressed post..have edited  ::)

kizkiznobite

and…cut a little slack  ;D she bogged off to find a goose  :agree: :agree: :agree:

Izzie

No squirrel
    ::)

kizkiznobite

ok..that fine..she thought it a tree crawling goose  😀

Izzie

Thats her excuse mebbe, but she went into the kiddies playground  :nono:

xtine

Well done Trixie -you are a clever girl.. now demand lots of treats for your hard work!  😉

kizkiznobite

well..perhaps the furry goose went that way..she following a scent ffs  ::)

Izzie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12614.msg243855#msg243855 date=1223214036]
    well..perhaps the furry goose went that way..she following a scent ffs  ::)
    [/quote]

most likely nose was to the floor.  ::)

She still left the crow alive- am happy!  ;D ;D ;D

kizkiznobite

of cause she did..it not edible..she was ‘practising’  ;D ;D ;D

can you actually deal with a dispatch? and then eat it ? want some lessons  ;D ;D ;D in fact..want ami for a while…. to do the we not kill it we play first then we might kill it or you can  >:D >:D  ::) always her weakness  ::)

Izzie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12614.msg243859#msg243859 date=1223214535]
    of cause she did..it not edible..she was ‘practising’  ;D ;D ;D

can you actually deal with a dispatch? and then eat it ? want some lessons  ;D ;D ;D in fact..want ami for a while…. to do the we not kill it we play first then we might kill it or you can  >:D >:D  ::) always her weakness  ::)
    [/quote]

Never really had to, send Ami down!  ;D ;D cant garauntee she will be good when she comes back to you!  :whistle:

Anonymous

hi,

well done trixie !!!

today bonnie sniffed out a ‘very nearly dead’ pidgeon (feeble flapping, eyes open but dazed look about it) from dense undergrowth and carried it back out again didnt snatch like she would for food – more like get out and drop to get a better look – she was so intent on getting it i actually thought it was a ball or i would have cued her off it earlier lol !!!  she looked and would hold off with a leaveit cue but the thing was almost-nearly-just-not-quite dead and i had 2nd thoughts about letting her kill it poor thing but i was worried incase it was poisoned or something so i gave it a hearty kick back into the undergrowth and hope that as dusk falls that mister foxie poos hunts it out for tea poor thing.

if she’d caught a healthy rabbit / pidge / squirrel / bird would it change her to let her eat it ?  and Izzie how come she couldnt have her crow as reward ?

claire x

Izzie

Because she doesnt eat them, she kills for the thrill

As a youngster she was well known for being the spaniel who could be spotted from miles away when she had a crow in her mouth, because of the big black cloud of crows that would fly behind her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime