Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

KENNEL COUGH

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health KENNEL COUGH

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I might of had to to sell me body

I gave that up a while ago.  I decided that when they gave me £10, by the time I’d given them £9.50 change, it really wasn’t worth the effort!  :ok:

*Lassie*

[quote author=Rough link=topic=12756.msg246488#msg246488 date=1224706775]

I gave that up a while ago.  I decided that when they gave me £10, by the time I’d given them £9.50 change, it really wasn’t worth the effort!  :ok:
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

Rough  :surprise:  😀  😀  😀

Bilclarie

[/quote]

Blimey you where expensive :yes: :yes: ;D ;D ;D

Mo and the Gang

Justine&Rafe

Oh sorry guys, totally posted a thing on Kennel Cough without checking to see if anyone else had… Oops :whistle: (hope that’s the oops smiley!!)

Just for info whereabouts did the dog pick up the KC?

kizkiznobite

can pick up anywhere that another dog has just visited…if mine had it for instance then in the slobber left at a smell post would last for hours and if raining would extend about 6 ft  ::) etc…it can take 3 weeks just to incubate…which is why it is hard to determine where and when

Justine&Rafe

Oooh, no no not where as in what kind of place, I meant location… My investigative skills (general talky to anybody-ness) has confirmed there are LOTS of dogs coming down with it in Northamptonshire..  Was just wondering if it’s a problem in a lot of places at the mo.

Anonymous

so – how do you equate one small market town to a whole county then ??????

Justine&Rafe

Weeelll, coz when I asked in Towcester they said they knew of people in that area whose dogs had come down with it, including one lady who was in the shop, Daventry has it, Flore has it, and kizkiznobite let me know that it has gotten to rugby.

Hence, it’s a pretty fair bet that other areas in Northants have it.

I’m not trying to be meladramatic!  But christ if I’d have been forewarned perhaps I wouldn’t now be stuck in with a dog climbing the walls because he’s still contagious.

Plus, I think it’s really interesting that a disease that used to be fairly well restricted to kennels and other areas where dogs routinely congregate in large numbers, is seeming to become far more commonplace in the UK amongst “ordinary” dog owners.

Climate change anyone?  Warmer winters and wetter summers meaning that less bad bugs get killed – so we’re seeing more of them.

Obvously that’s just a theory, but it would be interesting to know whereabouts in the country dogs are getting infected.

kizkiznobite

personally i think it is because folk vac and think oh thats alright then…and then dog coughs and they think oh it something in throat cos s/he had the vac….and then the cough stops and they think ok no cough can now take him/her out…

we rescued falkor (as in the to clueless thread) he op’ed on came home 2 days later started with KC that he obv got in the pound…hollie started 7 days later and she took it real hard…she aged in those weeks…took her 12 weeks to fully get over it…she was never the same again….

for young dogs and oldies it can be dire…for the rest..it just like a cold…

Justine&Rafe

12 weeks?!  Poor thing.  Can see why you’re worried about your old boy.
    Unfortunately (although I suppose I should be grateful) Rafe not even remotely bothered.  Cough cough cough retch – throw me the ball!  Cough cough – play with me! Now!  Hard. Work.

kizkiznobite

yep..it sure is because by this stage they feel fine  😀

Anonymous

here here bev !!!

less scaremongering – more facts

Northamptonshire is a HUGE county very long from leics/lincs down to oxon !!

Justine&Rafe

Piglet, it was not meant as a slight against you. 

For everyone else – In some areas within the East Midlands (much bigger than a county – but I don’t want to specify Northants for piglet’s sake!) there have been reported incidences of Kennel Cough within the ordinary doggy population.  It would appear that these cases are on the up in certain areas, but as I am not god (although it would be helpful if I were), I cannot say exactly where. 

If you are concerned by what you’ve been reading on these boards and want to find out if KC is in your area, I suggest you call your local vet and find out if they are receiving greater than usual numbers of cases in your area.

The action you wish to take on finding out said info is entirely up to you, but there’s plenty of advice on various threads, just search for Kennel Cough.

But I’m still nosy – I’m really interested to see if it’s further round the country (much bigger than a county).  Piglet’s link has it down in cornwall, someone else mentioned was it North London??  Correct me if I’m wrong please!

Anonymous

oh please save me !!! please !!!

gawd ………

KC is everywhere all the time just like colds and flu are.  America, Norway, England . . . there are mini out-breaks all over the world all the time !!

no need to turn it into some kind of mad study of england kc !! 

the point is DO NOT be concerned – this is *the norm* just being scaremongered up by someone who doesnt seem to know anything about it.

Most dogs will shake this off fine, if you have young’uns or oldies – take all the usual precautions which if you are a board member you should know where to find and whatever you do please dont take your dog down to the vet if you think it has KC without telling them first and dont turn up and take it into the waiting room with you.  I wouldnt advise getting your dog vaccinated or giving it antibiotics unless there are clear indicative reasons to do so.

I would be willing to bet that looking at the local area ….

towcester – rugby – daventry – flore

mmmm it doesnt take a genuis to work out they’re all linked by 1 thing – DOG CLUBS.  i would be willing to bet the spread is between dog clubs because people are taking infected dogs along to training – this area includes one of the worst run dog clubs i’ve ever been to and its linked to 2 other clubs and another trainer locally all of which are within these areas.

Claire.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime