Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Kennel Cough

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Kennel Cough

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    parsonsmum

Hello! I’ve been absent from the forum for some while….my life has been sent into a spin by the arrival of 2 new grandchildren!
    But I would appreciate some advice  about Kennel Cough please.

Last week I adopted a 6 year old ex-breeding bitch, Betty…..through a rescue but staying in a foster home.
    The 2nd day she was with us the coughing started and vet confirmed KC. It was decided to just watch her carefully for now. Then it was discovered she has a bad infection in both ears, so she was given 7 days of Nisamox 50mg, which the vet said would also help with the KC.
    This is the 3rd day of the ABs and she’s still having coughing fits lasting half hour or so. I’m giving baby Benylin or honey in water to help her too, but I have a few questions….

1)How can I boost her immunity….. I’ve read through some old threads and think, Selenium and Vit E?
    Should I wait for the KC to go before giving supplements? and how much would the dosage be for her. She weighs 5.5 kg

She’s eating o.k. and sleeping a lot, but I guess she’s worn out from all the coughing?
    Is there anything else I can do to help her or any other advice you can give?
    Many thanks.

Val

Well done you for rescuing bad luck you have KC I would not worry about boosting her AS for now, the cough can go on for awhile only give the Benylin at night as the coughing does help to keep the chest clear a little Albas oil on the bedding will help
    Good Luck
    Val

parsonsmum

Thank you Val… I hadn’t thought of using Olbas. Will get onto that straight away.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime