Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Kill it, skin it, wear it

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Kill it, skin it, wear it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Prem2Pram

Did anyone else watch this last night, I watched it, they showed a mink farmer, the mink were all kept in small individual wire cages. There was a makeshift gas chamber on a trolley and as they went down the cages they dropped each mink down a shoot into the gas chamber, although the killing of the mink appeared to be quick the living conditions were in my opinion far from adequate.

There were also horrific scenes from China where foxes were skinned alive.  :'(

Then there was the trapper that trapped beaver and bobcat using metal traps, he caught a beaver in the trap and showed that although the beavers paw was caught in the trap no bones were broken. I am guessing the beaver drowned as the trap was placed in a pool of water and when the trapper came to check on the trap ice had covered the pool. I don’t call drowning a humane way for any animal to die.

*Nat*

No – knew it was on but didn’t want to watch it!!!  :'(

*Nick*

There was a mink farm close by to me where i grew up, it was the most horrendous place of animal cruelty I’ve ever witnessed. It was eventually closed down by the authorities after many complaints .  All for a coat. makes me sick.

*Lassie*

[quote author=*Nat* link=topic=12208.msg235848#msg235848 date=1218457776]
    No – knew it was on but didn’t want to watch it!!!  :'(
    [/quote]

Same here :'(

Prem2Pram

Turning the tv off doesn’t make it stop and if we are to stand any chance of getting this barbaric practice stopped we have to know exactly what goes on, so although I cried buckets at least I know exactly what I’m fighting against.

*Nat*

[quote author=minpin link=topic=12208.msg235857#msg235857 date=1218463008]
    Turning the tv off doesn’t make it stop and if we are to stand any chance of getting this barbaric practice stopped we have to know exactly what goes on, so although I cried buckets at least I know exactly what I’m fighting against.
    [/quote]

Nothing to do with whether I agree with it or not, I didn’t want to watch it!!  >:(

I watched it, although i knew what goes on before they showed it.  I confess i love the look of a mink coat, they look stunning but i’d never wear one.  As the programme showed, there is no real way of knowing where it came from  :-\

i watched it  :'( :'( what a disgusting trade, people that wear the fur items should be ashamed of themselves. that poor fox that was skinned alive was one of the most distressing things i have ever seen.  :'(

*Lassie*

[quote author=minpin link=topic=12208.msg235857#msg235857 date=1218463008]
    [/quote]

There are only so many battles you can fight in life and I chose to fight the ones where I will be able to make a difference, I’m afraid this isn’t one of them.

I watched bits of it, some was hard to stomach. Including the filming of a fox with no skin or muscle on his front leg – just bone, was preey horrific viewing to be honest. I think it will have got the message across to some people.

Anonymous

How can you like mink coats evil little sods that they are,but no living breathing thing deserves to be hug on a humans back as a glamour item

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12208.msg235882#msg235882 date=1218470366]
    I watched it, although i knew what goes on before they showed it.  I confess i love the look of a mink coat, they look stunning but i’d never wear one.  As the programme showed, there is no real way of knowing where it came from  :-\
    [/quote]

wags

I think i know what you mean Fox – the coat its self looks lovelly but you dont agree with the practice

Mink – thats a whole other subject that could really get me going
    there used to be a mink farm not far from me and some “animal rights” broke into it and set all the mink “free” – well our canal is over run by mink – they are evil little sods – they kill all the ducklings, the fish, a lot of the squirells are missing this year

to be fair i didnt watch it – not because i didnt want to or anything i just didnt

Diesel73

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12208.msg235851#msg235851 date=1218460622]
    There was a mink farm close by to me where i grew up, it was the most horrendous place of animal cruelty I’ve ever witnessed. It was eventually closed down by the authorities after many complaints .   All for a coat. makes me sick.
    [/quote]
    i grew up near a furfarm. Am not going to but…Could tell you some horrorstories that actually happend :-[ .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime