Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    KarenM

😀 Aw look at him! he’s having a blast!  😀

I know!!  ::) and his coat is so soft and shiney  😉 Everyone we meet comments on how lovely his coat is !!

Karen

They chased around and rolled on the grass for over half an hour, we had to drag them apart !!  It’s hilarious watching him play with other dogs, he makes me laugh so much !!  😉

BigDogLover

I dont get this ‘designer breed’ issue… forgive my naiveity (and spelling) but arent all dog breeds essentially designer  ???  All bred for a purpose or particular need or demand, even toy breeds?

I thought these crossbreeds are meant to bring out the best qualities of both selected breeds with none of the bad bits?  Surely there are bad breeders/ irresponsible owners who breed/ puppy farms for all breeds of dog? I admit that they seem to be quite popular at the moment but no more so than the last doggy fad..was it Dalmations or Cockers?

Besides..the guide dog people have been breeding Golden retriever + Lab crosses for years to refine its guide dogs…

Just my two cents…

Anonymous

its not the breed its the fact they not only charge a horrendous amount of money for them but they are often sold as non shedding non allergic which is nine times out of ten total crap!!  Also they are not all health testing and im sure you agree we dont need yet another unhealthy breed – which is getting bad bits from both the breeds!!

BigDogLover

Aye, I do agree with you 100%. But there must be good breeders out there? Mustn’t there?  ???

Anonymous

sure  – but they dont make up for the bad ones-  !!!

BigDogLover

It is a shame that there are people out there that are allowed to operate puppy mills or farms for any breed that takes their fancy, usually whatever makes the most money at that time.
    It is a shame that alot of these dogs will end up in rescue centres throughout the country desperately in need of a home.

What disturbs me the most is that there is a sufficient number of people out there to fuel these farms/mills. Most probably with the best of intentions, plenty without. The amount of shock I have caused in my area because I am doing my homework now is staggering. My vet said that alot of people just turn up with a new puppy and ask them what to do with it!

I dont think it is specifically a particular breed rather than people who simply want one as a fashion symbol, and that goes for Cockers, Dalmations, Chihuahuas (Paris Hilton) etc etc, whatever breed is ‘in’ at the moment.

Anonymous

of course the trouble is for a lot of people its complete ignorence that means they end up buying froma puppy farm – but when you get people who you tell and xplain this too and they still go buy from one of these places well that bugs me!!

i doubt we will ever be able to completely educate people in this subject!

BigDogLover

Aye, I know that feeling  🙂

Anonymous

sorry what feeling??!!!  ???

BigDogLover

[quote author=Joly link=topic=214.msg43417#msg43417 date=1149338194]
    but when you get people who you tell and xplain this too and they still go buy from one of these places well that bugs me!!

i doubt we will ever be able to completely educate people in this subject!
    [/quote]

That feeling..

Anonymous

ah well – some people just dont listen despite the want of trying to tell them!!  ::)  🙂

kizkiznobite
    Anonymous

oh yes i remember that one kiz!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime