Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

[quote author=Joly link=topic=214.msg44409#msg44409 date=1149594610]
    (we normally groom there dogs for nothing!!)  
    [/quote]

Awww thats really sweet!!! :-*

Anonymous

yeah – untill they bring you in a matted labraddodle – now we only do the goldies and labs for nothing the labradoodles have a discount but they still pay!!

have you ever seen alan and endal in the magazines and that?(they very well known round here!) well i often spruce up there goldie ikea for crufts!! i think he started his training but has health problems so he does the odd demonstration and that i think!

Anonymous

Awwww still sweet though!!! 😉

Anonymous

yep – i know of alan and endal 🙂

i offered to be a puppy trainer for HD but lived too far away at the time … now they extended the line i have harry !!

claire x

Anonymous

they opened the shop for us claire -well alan and ikea did cos endal was poorly at the time – it was in the local newspapers!!

BigDogLover

Claire, I did not mean that HD use those dogs bred by Guide dog peeps, just that they use that particular cross.

Rough, does that lady know about the Golden Lab crosses that they breed regularly? Labradoodles were used a little more recently than she is saying, though they havent used any in the past year  😉  Also have a friend in Guide dogs  😉

But no matter… I guess they stopped using them because of the grooming need that dog would place on its owner.  :-\ Kind of common sense really  :-\

KarenM

There is a dog from Dash’s breeder in the hearing dogs program – he’s an F1 and he’s not curly, just looks like a lab – a BIG lab!  ;D  So maybe they like to lean towards the smooth/scruffy doodles for their program because of the grooming?  ???

BigDogLover

Thats good thinkin Karen, I suppose all Labradoodles will vary in their degrees of curliness and its just a matter of picking the right one. What I mean’t by ‘common sense’ is when you choose a dog for one of these programs that is going to be high maintenance, rather than it being a general statement about the breed  ;D

I had another look at Dash’s site btw, he looks so gorgeous I need to get my fix lol. I kind of feel the same way as expectant mums looking at little baby clothes and magazines  :-[  I just know the waiting is soo very hard  🙁

Anonymous

Hi,

I know HD do use the occasional larger dog, but as alot of their owners are elderly i think they seem to lean towards spunky l’il things 😉

If I get time I will find out more but as far as I know HD dont have any breeding kennels, and rely on whatever wings its way to them 🙂 

Current HD in training 🙂

basil is a stray from battersea

eddie is a tiny mongrel 🙂

I have looked through a good selection of my HD mags and all the dogs featured are donated or rescued, there arent any oodles but there are quite a few mongrels.  I have found one x-lab but its not a doodle.  I am interested to know where you get your info from as I was under the impression that they used what they were given / found in rescues.

(just to be clear – i am not getting at you … just trying to broaden my understanding as i support HD 🙂

Claire x

Anonymous

awwwww they are both really gorgeous!!!!! :-* :-*

Anonymous

is that a corgi cross the top one??

me lurrrrrrrrrrrrves the little poodley dog!!!  ;D

BigDogLover

Claire,

I know your not getting at me hun  😀 I seem to have a problem with getting my point across in writing, that sometimes I may read as being blunt or even rude but I assure you it is not meant that way  🙂 I guess I get a little carried away sometimes  :-[

I didnt mean that HD breeds dogs, I meant that the guide dog peeps do.
    I get my information on HD via mags I have read or info on websites…so my info on them is prob not the most reliable..but hey, thats what I love about discussions like this, it get you all the info you need and corrects any misinfo you might already have.

As for the Guide dogs, I have a friend who works with that organisation…she gives her home and heart to retired guide dogs when she can. I only speak to her once in a while though, she lives far from me and has her hands full most of the time  😮
    Funny thing is that last time we spoke we chatted about this very same subject, just after I saw an article about it in a mag (dont remember which one).

Oh, and I love the piccies btw!

Anonymous

There is also a longgggggggggggg list of joe public waiting for failed dogs
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=214.msg44404#msg44404 date=1149586946]
    i know that dogs for the disabled sometimes take failed guide dogs – dogs for the disabled clicker train 🙂
    [/quote]

Anonymous

we groom a failed police (sniffer) dog and a failed guide dog!!

Anonymous

Hi,

BDL …

quote :

I know your not getting at me hun  I seem to have a problem with getting my point across in writing, that sometimes I may read as being blunt or even rude but I assure you it is not meant that way  Smiley I guess I get a little carried away sometimes

are u sure your not my secret twin ???? !!!!!

i didnt think u were being rude, but i thought u might think i was being … oh doG thats a mouthful lol !!!! 🙂 

Val – i cant wait till my friend gets his new friend 🙂  he he i’ll be first in line for dogsitting if he doesnt need it for a while  lol !!!!

claire x

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime