Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Very true Claire

I had a fascinating talk with a guy who spent 2 years living in close proximity to wolves & it was fascinating Because he ignored them totally they ignored him & he learnt things about wolves that ran contrary to previous observations done on”protected”packs in national parks etc

For the life of me I can’t remember his name but I know he did the study in Canada

Anonymous

yes i am learning in my psychology degree about how simply conducting an “experiment” on something can change its behaviour (“mere presence”) so i am not suprised the guy observed previously unseen things as from what you say he lived seperately and respected the animals when some researchers “follow” them.  even something as simple as tagging animals for some reason can change their behaviour so we may never see truly natural patterns unless we are alot less “human” with the monitoring !!

how interesting to be able to talk to him, I have never seen a wolf in the flesh only in pictures.  i think i’d still be having the conversation i wouldnt know what to ask about first !!

🙂

Anonymous

One of the things he did was mimic the wolves territorial marking this was in order for the wolves to think of him as another animal LOL he did say that he didn’t know how the males managed to mark so many places !!  😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

He was a consultant on The Film “Dancing with Wolves”

He is a fascinating man & I am now p**d off I can’t remember his name ???-he was quite a hunk tho’ ::)

Silver

[quote author=JoedeeUK link=topic=214.msg2164#msg2164 date=1109945008]

1.Dogs are one race & one species
    Hybrid vigour doesn’t come into play with mixing different breeds(not species or races)of dogs
    2.Most of the 200+ breeds of dogs around the world are in fact well over 100 years old-eg the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel & King Charles Spaniels(or English Toy Spaniel)They were around in the 1500’s & there are painting of these dogs done in the reigh of Queen Elizabeth 1.

Dogs are one species but certainly not one race, anymore than Red Indian/Innuit/African/Caucasian are the same race (or breed) within the species homo sapiens. As the definition of hybrid vigour states this will occur when different races (or breeds) reproduce and absolutely does ‘come into play’ with mixing different dog breeds (or races)
    The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was not recognised or accepted as a breed by the Kennel Club until 1945. It is of course related to the King Charles Spaniel but is a different breed in its own right
    The history of present day breeds is a wealth of cross-breeding. The German Shepherd Dog, for example, did not exist before 1899 when ‘from the heterogenous match and mix that comprised German Herding Dogs one was chosen to be the first GSD’. The Golden Retriever was developed from the crossing of a flat coated Retriever with a Tweed Water Spaniel with occassional out crossings to the Irish Setter and accepted as a breed in 1913. The Boxer,’a man-made breed started in the late 1800s, a cross between the Brabant Bullenbeier and small mastiff types like the English Bulldog. The Beddlington, a cross between the Rough Scotch Terrier and possibly a South American Terrier. The Standard Poodle from the pan-European Water Spaniel, the Labrador Retriever from the St.John’s Newfoundland Water Dog, the Newfoundland from a combination of the native Indian dogs and the many European breeds carried across the Atlantic, the English Setter from the Spanish Water Spaniel and known originally as the Setting Spaniel, the Kerry Blue Terrier from the Portuguese Water Spaniel and so on and so on back to the wolf.
    Or did you think that God said “Let there be West Highland Terriers” and it was so?[/quote]

Anonymous

if God would have chosen a breed of dog it wouldnt have been a west highland white terrier
    it would have been a COLLIE

anamunro

These dogs are all the rage in the US. We saw a yorkiepoo on our most recent trip and I have to say he was very very very cute. His fur was ridiculously soft and I definitely would’ve stolen him if I could.

Pom_Queen

What about a PooPom/PomPoo?,or a PooeyPom in my case  ::)

Anonymous

Its odd how some names go together …

Bull Terrier and Shitzu for example 😉

Personally, I dont think dog breeds should be purposfully crossed like this – but thats just me. 

Claire !

Pom_Queen
    quote :

Bull Terrier and Shitzu for example

;D Class

Anonymous

Now this is funny….

Shih Poo  (Shih Tzu x Poodle)

http://www.prettypuppies.petsunlimited.com/11/index.cfm?seqid=289

Anonymous

I can’t view it Claire, keeps saying an error has occured. Sounds very interesting though  ;D

Anonymous

hi,

its just got a couple of pix of shit-poo puppies thats all !  🙂

u aint missing much !

Claire 🙂

Anonymous

I can’t look at them either, something about security settings set too high!!

Anonymous

I cant even view it now !

sorry — u will have to imagine …

i only posted coz the name is funny !!! heh

Claire.

emma_pen

Just fancy grab-attention cutesy-pie names for a crossbreed that could be found in multiple shelters worldwide…..especially so now that they are being extensively puppy farmed in the US.  ::)

So….if I was into gimmicks and being ‘trendy’, I might give my 2 beloved crossbreeds ‘breed names’ to make them appear cute to others….

Asha the ‘Shepurcher’ or ‘Lurcherd’  😀
    Elliot the ‘Mastaff’ or ‘Staffiff’  ;D

Just think, William could be a ‘Trollie’ (assuming he is collie/terrier here…)  :-*

Ems

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime