Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Little shih tzu needs new home

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Little shih tzu needs new home

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Did they like her Lyn…………..?

Anonymous

Shorty works in the evenings Suz she’s not home until gone nine  :ok:

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12627.msg244264#msg244264 date=1223402242]
    [/quote]

*Nat*

Only just seen this, hope all went well today, poor girl deserves a good new home  🙂

[quote author=Val link=topic=12627.msg244283#msg244283 date=1223404669]

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12627.msg244264#msg244264 date=1223402242]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

And i thought i worked till late  :ok: thanks Val, so she should be home soon  😉  😀

Anonymous

She only works in the evenings  :-*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12627.msg244308#msg244308 date=1223410295]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=12627.msg244283#msg244283 date=1223404669]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

And i thought i worked till late  :ok: thanks Val, so she should be home soon  😉  😀
    [/quote]

Ahhh I see :yes:  :-*

joker

Thats right i work 2 hours in the evenings when everyone else is home, i couldnt leave my little hairy friends alone now could I?
    Ok met the people today and they fell in love with the little un, so tomorrow I am going to go and have a look at where they live and just make sure everything is ok.
    She has had enough turmoil in her little life so i have to make sure that when she goes to her next home it will be her last one, its a hell of a responsibility, so a home check i think is essential, and if its not good enough then she stays here until the right home comes along, after all with the menagerie iv got whats one more?
    Hope tomorrow goes well though or it could be divorce proceedings…..lol
    Lyn

Anonymous

You won’t get rid of the OH that easily, lets face it if it was a Lhasa it would take him a month to notice another one  :agree:

[quote author=joker link=topic=12627.msg244324#msg244324 date=1223413714]
    Thats right i work 2 hours in the evenings when everyone else is home, i couldnt leave my little hairy friends alone now could I?
    Ok met the people today and they fell in love with the little un, so tomorrow I am going to go and have a look at where they live and just make sure everything is ok.
    She has had enough turmoil in her little life so i have to make sure that when she goes to her next home it will be her last one, its a hell of a responsibility, so a home check i think is essential, and if its not good enough then she stays here until the right home comes along, after all with the menagerie iv got whats one more?
    Hope tomorrow goes well though or it could be divorce proceedings…..lol
    Lyn
    [/quote]

So…………………. ;D

Glad they want her she deserves a decent home!  :-*

joker

Wonderful news! she has gone to her new home with an older retired lady who lost her little dog 8 months ago, she is over the moon, asked if i think it would be ok if she sleeps on her bed… think that little lady might have just got herself a home she deserves, she has gone on the understanding she will be spayed in a couple of months and if for any reason she doesnt settle she comes back to me.
    Fingers crossed it will all work out.
    And Val youre right the old man wouldnt notice another one, just the fact this one had been scalped made it stick out like a sore thumb!
    Lyn

:ok: Thats brilliant – and of course she sleeps on the bed – is a must for a dog like that right  :agree:  ;D

So pleased!!!  ;D

joker

Just an update, got a call this afternoon from the lady who had the little shiddy, now named ‘little missy’ she was crying, said Lyn i dont know what to do, i thought here we go….. she said my life has changed, this little girl has given me a reason to go on, she was advised to let her sleep in the kitchen last night just in case she wasnt clean well she slept all night didnt make a peep, got up at 6 let her out for a wee then they both had eggs on toast!
    She said its so lovely to have a friend again, as her little dog had died 8 months ago, and because she is just over 70 the RSPCA wouldnt consider her for a dog. we wont even comment on that….
    She thanked me and said she cannot believe how lucky she is to have found ‘little missy’
    I think ‘little missy’ has fallen on her feet this time!
    She has promised to keep in touch, and iv told her i will be here if ever theres a problem, i do so hope that this works out for both of them.
    But id like to thank you all for your offers of help, and ill let you know the next time my son decides to take on another ‘waif and stray’
    Lyn

Izzie

How lovely!  ;D ;D

A happy ending for all concerned! Well done!  :-* :-*

Anonymous

Lyn – your son *rocks* may he bring home many more waifs 😀

after rehoming a young slight little collie to a similar age couple earlier this year it really opened my eyes to just how much this age group are a) dis-counted by rescues and b) have so much knowledge about dogs – they dont just “own dogs” they know them – like a blind person knows every millimetre of their partners face, i have been stunned by just how much joy having a dog – and especially a young lively dog – has brought them again 🙂  i know theres a good chance she may have to pass to another home eventually but if this happens she’ll be going to an equally lovely home with their family.

i would definately be more encouraged to look at older people from this experience and its lovely to hear that there are other older people getting so much joy from their companions 🙂  rescues not considering them is one reason why older people get puppies and a tiny puppy isnt always the most suitable and can bring up all sorts of issues 🙁

Claire x

Awwww Lyn that bought tears to my eyes – that home sounds as perfect as it could possibly be – lucky little missy xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime