Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Long haired breeds and runny tummys

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Long haired breeds and runny tummys

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    *jody*

Jake has a runny tummy again, I think it may of been a gravy bone someone gave him at ringcraft last night, anyways not why Im posting…  ;D

Ages ago someone somewhere told me there was a repellent type grooming spray you could use so it doesnt stick so badly, he is catching his puppy trousers and Im having to spend 20 mins cleaning him up everytime he goes, and if there is something out there that may help make my job easier.

Anyone heard of this type of product?  I have trimmed a little of the fur away into a ‘poo chute’ ages ago, but was careful not to take too much away so his tail still lay right (I was warned on sheltie forum not to take too much away otherwise this can happen) but he is still catching it.

Anonymous

A detangle spray helps it slip out if he was mine with a runny tum I put the draws up into bunches with a couple of hair bands
    Val

*Lassie*

Jodie remember my thread about Willow’s bad tum? I got some Groomers anti tangle spray from Pets at Home, it did help stop the s*** sticking to the coat 😉 ;D

wags

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*jody*

I know, gross subject  😀

Thats Val and Lassie, Ill have a look tommorow.  He keeps getting bouts of it so Im putting him on a 2 weeks normal food only (going to soak to mush for his kong and use for treats, still on JWB) and gradually re-introduce liver cake treats and his Feelwells treats to try and assatain what is causing it.  I think probably gravy bone, only odd thing he doesnt usually have in last 24 hours but just to make sure.

Val – I had thought of the bunches, I tried it earlier but he wasnt impressed and wouldnt sit down properly.

*Lassie*

Does he hoover when he’s out for a walk? Tam and his sister will both eat anything they find  :vomit: yet Tam is fussy what food he will eat when it’s in his bowl ::)
    We need more photos too ;D

*Nat*

So glad I have a short haired dog  :vomit:

Hope Jake’s ok Jodi  :-*

Anonymous

Take no notice he will get used to them  :agree:

[quote author=danhappy link=topic=13032.msg251229#msg251229 date=1226521940]
    I know, gross subject  😀

Thats Val and Lassie, Ill have a look tommorow.  He keeps getting bouts of it so Im putting him on a 2 weeks normal food only (going to soak to mush for his kong and use for treats, still on JWB) and gradually re-introduce liver cake treats and his Feelwells treats to try and assatain what is causing it.  I think probably gravy bone, only odd thing he doesnt usually have in last 24 hours but just to make sure.

Val – I had thought of the bunches, I tried it earlier but he wasnt impressed and wouldnt sit down properly.
    [/quote]

*jody*

Thought I’d carry on this one rather than start a new thread.

Runny bum seems to have subsided a little, forgot to add I changed the flavour of JWB a few weeks ago from Lamb and Rice to turkey and rice (he has bad breath so thought I’d see if change of flavour could be a cause, he has chicken wings still and his teeth are clean).  Thinking maybe the change of flavour may of started this so re-introuducing lamb and rice again slowly.  The last couple of weeks since being on the turkey flavour he has on the odd occassion upchucked it – usually during the middle of the night in his crate.

Wondering if I go back to Lamb JWB and still probs maybe worth changing to Burns?

Be prepared for stinking farts if you go down the burns route!  :vomit:  😀

*Lassie*

Never tried Burns, my two are on Naturediet and love it.

*jody*

Maybe one worth considering then, definately dont like the sounds of stinky farts, Dante can already clear a room if he gets hold of something he shouldnt  :death:

Anonymous

I don’t know about Shelties but I know of a lot of Roughs that don’t get on with JWB at all.  :-\

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime