Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

lump appearing after anti biotic/anti inflammatory injection

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health lump appearing after anti biotic/anti inflammatory injection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sony

Hi Rio the GSP has had a bit of a traumatic time. After being bitten by a savage dog she had to have a GA & anti inflammatory /anti biotic injections . Now 15 days after the injection a hugh lump has appeared on her neck. She isn’t in pain & is acting normally (being a pain in the neck! lol) Does any one know anything about these lumps ? I have an appointment again with the vet in 10 days time. Thanks.

Val

Poor Rio sounds as though he’s been in the wars.
    The lump should go down some take a long while hopefully by the time you go back to the vet it will have gone
    Val

Izzie

Poor Rio.

Val, could it be an abcess?  :-\

Val

Very rare for it to be an abcess it would be so sore and Sony say’s she hasn’t got any pain, have seen this loads of time after vaccinations
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15662.msg278672#msg278672 date=1295304452]
    Poor Rio.

[/quote]

Izzie

Jess got one after being speyed, was on the back of the neck, but hers wasnt sore at all (but am sure she got a V high pain tolerance)  felt very watery hence the Q  😉

[quote author=Val link=topic=15662.msg278678#msg278678 date=1295365780]
    Very rare for it to be an abcess it would be so sore and Sony say’s she hasn’t got any pain, have seen this loads of time after vaccinations
    Val

Poor Rio.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

sony

Thanks Val & Izzie.The lump seems to be harder & smaller today. There is no pain but I’m trying to leave it alone rather than make it worse. I’ve looked back on her notes that I have made of her health/ vets visits & in 2003 she had an anti biotic jab in her neck that developed into a lump. I will have a word with the vet about it. Hopefully it will be gone by then as you said Val!
    Thanks.

Val

Abscess’s are difficult to describe over the net they are not watery much firmer but not hard and they are hot because of the inflammation  and very very painful cats are notorious for getting them when they have a scrap usually caused by dirt on the claw.
    Sony’s lad will be fine, I had a Norfolk that got it’s shots and it took 2 months for it to go down I was stripping round his bump for at least two grooms, Antihistamines can help but I would just leave it to nature 
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15662.msg278679#msg278679 date=1295370030]
    Jess got one after being speyed, was on the back of the neck, but hers wasnt sore at all (but am sure she got a V high pain tolerance)  felt very watery hence the Q  😉

[quote author=Val link=topic=15662.msg278678#msg278678 date=1295365780]
    Val

Poor Rio.

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

sony

Update!
    Lump is the size of a plum today (was originally the size of a golf ball)  The old girl seems to be back to her old self as well..
    Thanks for your reassurance Val it was a great help to me.. What a worry these furry angles are!
    BUT well worth it !

Val

Pleased she’s a plum today  ;D

[quote author=sony link=topic=15662.msg278736#msg278736 date=1295709338]
    Update!
    Lump is the size of a plum today (was originally the size of a golf ball)  The old girl seems to be back to her old self as well..
    Thanks for your reassurance Val it was a great help to me.. What a worry these furry angles are!
    BUT well worth it !
    [/quote]

sony

;D Size of a gooseberry today…Hairy one at that!!  ;D

Izzie

woohoo!  ;D

Val

On the way to being a peanut ?

Mudgie

Then a pea then abracadabra – it disappears  ;D

sony

Magic ….after 3 weeks the lump has disappeared… Vet has given her an annual booster so let’s hope this will be the end of vet’s visits for another year…I live in hope!! ::)

Val

Pleased the bump has gone  ;D why are you going back next year?

[quote author=sony link=topic=15662.msg278817#msg278817 date=1296230362]
    Magic ….after 3 weeks the lump has disappeared… Vet has given her an annual booster so let’s hope this will be the end of vet’s visits for another year…I live in hope!! ::)
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime