Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Luxating Patella

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Luxating Patella

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    *Nat*

Ok I think I’ve mentioned on here before about Sky’s luxating patella, its been graded as grade 2-3 by the vet and to be honest its not a major problem for her… she had a limp when we got her but since then she’s been on Mobile Bones supplement and doesn’t limp now, but you can tell she doesn’t weight bare on that leg properly. she does the occasional hop, comes down stairs using 3 legs and is slightly stiff in the evenings especially after a long walk so…. advice wanted!!!  As you can imagine the thought of her having knee surgery after what happened to Piper scares the hell our of me!! I know its unlikely to happen again as there were complications with Pipers blood but still  :scared:
    I keep thinking would it be better for her to have it done so she may not have problems like arthritis when she’s older, would it make it more comfortable for her now??? Lots going round my head  :confused:
    Or do I just leave it and see how she goes…  :help:

Gracie

Hydrotherapy may help speak to the vet, we have a few customer who dont want to operate and the vets have recommended hydrotherapy and the customers are happy with the results, the dogs are limping less. You may even be able to claim back off your pet insurance 😉

*Nat*

I did look into that before… I booked a session, we then found out Sky had fox mange (not long after we got her), then she came into season, one thing after another type of thing… will look into it again though, thanks x

Val

To fix it for life she needs an op it’s not a big operation but could be a bigger one later in life.
    She also is not doing her spine any good using three legs when she was made to have four.
    You should have pre bloods done my vet would never operate unless they were in place especially a breed like Dobies that are know to have problems
    Val

I personally think – have it done now while shes fit and young and healthy…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime