Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Management and Reward

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Prem2Pram
    Anonymous

hey !!!!  its bev !!!  🙂

kizkiznobite

when harry came and joined ‘the pack’ sadie was settled in and used to getting lots of one to one – like all small dogs they become empowered by lifting up and the attention/fuss/apprasial is then a strong resource (something the dog thinks it needs/wants in order to survive) to begin with sadie would allow harry to join in the lap cuddles but recently she has gotten resource aggressive and got very uptight when harry was picked up too – yesterday whilst on andrew’s lap there was a grade 3 scrap 😀 mostly due to harry refusing to concede because he was full of himself after the food fight he won  😀 – andrew’s response was to tell them off (remember the post – if the pack manager is barking/fighting then i have to carry on?) sue’s reponse was to isolate harry (punishment) – and this is where the need to understand when to use punishment, when to reward and more importantly, how to be a manager and to apply that management.
    the vid shows me taking control and implementing the management role without re-enforcing the fight/snap get off behaviour.  look at the way sadie offers appeasment and asks for appraisal immediately after the ahahaha and see the point at which i reward – verbal appraisal and the stroking of thumbs around neck and ears – and of course the biggest reward – up on the lap ;D  these pups are at the transistional stage between classical conditioning and operant conditioning – they are now learning they can make a choice – and it is at this stage that a good manager comes into her/his own -you have to find the balance – some behaviours can still be ignored, some behaviours need extra reward training to become firm and some need ‘i am in control here’ messages – but get it right at this point of life and you have a mentally well balanced, well cued dog.

i just find it amazing that these little minpins act in exactly the same way as their bigger cousins ;D ;D

any questions? ;D ;D

a good manager is a flexible manager

kizkiznobite

you are supposed to be watching the minpins! ;D

Prem2Pram

I promised kizzy not to take her picture, but I never said anything about not videoing her, however Kizzy is right your focus should be on the minpins behaviour and how Kizzy deals with that behaviour  ;D

Anonymous

i love them !!!!!

Anonymous

dont you say nice nicelly

you usually get Cleo be NICE from me

kizkiznobite

i dont ‘bark’ in human speak ;D prob cos i learnt to bark, grunt, snuffle, whine, howl etc before i learnt my letters haha  ;D

Anonymous

i think its more i need to be heard over the insane yappings of Brock !

kizkiznobite

i had that prob with ami – when in the manic maud stage – i put the wrap it up on a whistle stop – used one of those old playground pea whistles then added the visual then added a verbal watch me (hence the parrot call now)- then added the verbal wrapup in fact did it all a..e backwards haha and the little madam – know what she does now? instead of the barkbarkbark we get a very loud clumber wowowowowow – and all those cues mean stop barking not stop wowowowwing -told you she had driven me to the edge and back ::)

Anonymous

Brock is more of a

YAPYAPYAPYAPYAPYAPYAPYAP

and im sure he could break glass with it

Anonymous

hehe

wills is a gentle bark, bonnies is higher, louder and harsher 🙂

Anonymous

Nacho barks like a coal man.  Big gruff low voice….Wow wow wow wowowowowowowowowowo

Anonymous

coal man … how old are you !!! 😀

Anonymous

Old enough to be your big sister!!  We still have coal in Scotland you know not all gch here you know.  You can have both!!!  I like coal fires – very inviting!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime