Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Massage

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Massage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

chiro, osteopath, been there done that, and could probably do with osteo again, but muscles are tense all over body and think what i need at the moment is a massage. anyone had one? is that what they are designed to do – relax muscles etc? and how much do they charge?  :-\ thanks.  🙂

edited to correct typos.  ::)

Anonymous

I’ve had a few… before I truied the osteo – they are nice… but the Osteo actually fixed the problem for me – whereas the massage was temporary…

If you get a deep tissue one / sweedish thing it is good – is hard to find people that are good tho – some aren’t…

cost – depends where you are – think I paid £25 for an hour last time….  :-\  expect you can get cheaper…

I neede osteo actually – fell off horse on sat – oops!

GSPmad

thanks widget – think i need both but the massage will be a one off and the osteo would be an ongoing cost. i think it would probably help just if the muscles didn’t hurt all the time.  8)

Anonymous

Book a massage soon then!  :yes:

A massage ias certainly less brutal… although you could try Thai Massage? Have heard that is good?  Maybe worth looking into?

GSPmad

what’s the difference between all these different types of massage?  :confused: i thought a massage was just a massage.

Anonymous

no – all use different techniques…

Thai is sort of like a massage/ yoga combo… 

Anonymous

your muscles hurt because you’re holding your emotion in.

i would forget the massage – i freaked and hated every second when i had one.

do some relaxation, progressive relaxation and / or creative visualisation.  i would definately reccommend learning how to self hypnotise.

claire x

Sweetypye

I have had various massages including indian head massage.

Very therapeutic and relaxing although can be less than comfortable at the time in spots.

Go for one that is accredited.

GSPmad

what sort of accreditation do masseurs have?  😮

i need something where they will get all the agonising spots on my shoulders and back etc….

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12946.msg249037#msg249037 date=1225719053]
    do some relaxation, progressive relaxation and / or creative visualisation.  i would definately reccommend learning how to self hypnotise.

[/quote]

i can’t relax or visualise. wouldn’t have a clue where to begin. am sure i haven’t relaxed for years.  😀

and the word hypnosis terrifies me.  :scared:

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12946.msg249037#msg249037 date=1225719053]
    your muscles hurt because you’re holding your emotion in.
    [/quote]

is safest there – don’t want that running rampant around the streets.  😮 ;D ;D ;D

Anonymous

some massage therapists have ITEC qualifications – I looked into studying for one

GSPmad

so if i google itec massage for my area it should come up with some then?  🙂

will give it a try, thanks.  ;D

Anonymous

watch it googling for massage love !!

honestly terry – no massage person will un-knot stress aches for long. 

you need to treat the problem love.

claire x

GSPmad

treating the problem is beyond my ability. temporary relief would be something.  🙂

Diesel73

I go to a ……..  :-[ Not know the english words. He a doctor in physical healing e.m.g. Investigates and treat joints, muscular affections and tendons(?), nervedamage, and spinal affections.  Does electromyografic, infiltrations, manual healing, radial shock wavetherapie.
    He does stuff to you, makes you feel tenced muscles you never even knew you had in the first place  ::) . Injects with herbalstuff, cortisone or ‘something’gel, depending on what you need. Sounds weird, didn’t think much of it the first time i went. But been there in januarie. Once. Works wonders.
    Not got something like that overthere where you are? Massages work fine, on the moment that you are getting one. But you have to get them regularly for maintenance’-.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime