Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Masticatory muscle myositis

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Masticatory muscle myositis

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

have we any updates ?

hows she doing 🙂

.dodger.

just sent an emial off now asking how she’s doing – she’s got to go back to the vets on friday but i’m busy all day so wont be able to go with 🙁

Anonymous

paws x’d  :-* :-* :-*

.dodger.

had a email from stephen saying that harlie is still responding to treatment and that the people who are interested in her would still love to meet her so she’s back to vets on the 15th and if the vets give the go head they can come and meet her ;D ;D

.dodger.

just an update on Harlie with picture’s. The picture’s are stuck to her poster so i couldn’t get them onto her seperatly.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/Harlie_Appeal__poster.jpg

Anonymous

my goodness laura, i am really shocked by her muscle loss, poor girl no wonder she was a bit snappy with all that going on 🙁

good luck with her x x x

Why hasn’t this shown up before now?  ::)  Poor girl, thats terrible!

.dodger.

shocked us all too – her whole face happened within 48 hours. 🙁

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12136.msg238059#msg238059 date=1219697407]
    my goodness laura, i am really shocked by her muscle loss, poor girl no wonder she was a bit snappy with all that going on 🙁

good luck with her x x x
    [/quote]
    she fine with her head being touched now – not so keen on her mouth being opened but that can be expected. We just hoping to get her eye’s fixed. Got a stall at a show at wallsend for next weekend so i’m baking some cakes and dog treats to sell to help raise money for her op. 🙂

Anonymous

from my understanding it can be quick to come on – perhaps previous owners missed early signs or misread them and i dont think she’d been in rescue for more than a few hours – they noticed and were on to it very fast

claire x

.dodger.

Her owner noticed her head was swollen which is the first sign of the acute version and as they were trying to touch her head she would snap. Problem was that she snapped at their children which was the reason for her coming to us. After a couple of days we noticed that she seemed a little off but there were no signs of illness. We went to a show for the day and when Gregg (the other volunteer who has her) came home her head has in a awful state. Worse than she looks in the picture’s. That was 11pm sunday night and 9am mon morning both him and stephen had her to the vet. From then on she’s been slowly getting better.

.dodger.

just a little update on harlie – we managed to raise over 200 pounds so she had the op friday morning. She’s had to go back this morning because of night she’s ripped off her light shade and pulled most of the stiches out of her eyes 🙁 She had to go back under to get the stitches replaced and is going to spend the night at the vets.

Not very nice pic :'( but she’s still her lovely but sleepy self. :-*

Attachments:

Poor girl, it looks awful  :'(

my good god that looks awful  :'( hows it going to help her sorry havent kept up with this thread……….she just looks so awful  :-\

Anonymous

It’s like she has Entropia Suz they have to in her case move the eye lids back into place

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12136.msg238610#msg238610 date=1220128634]
    my good god that looks awful  :'( hows it going to help her sorry havent kept up with this thread……….she just looks so awful  :-\
    [/quote]

.dodger.

yeah as Val said – because of the lack of muscle around her eyes her eyelashes are rubbing on her eye balls. :vomit:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime