Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Meg and Bev

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Meg and Bev

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Anonymous

just for a giggle here’s me (before bonnie was even thought of!!) worrying about a swollen dew claw and doing totally the wrong thing !!

https://www.resources.dogclub.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1426.0.html

see we’ve all been there love 🙂

claire x

Anonymous

Thanks Claire!
    I hate the feeling that I have been doing stuff wrong for so long and it is so hard undoing all that and expecting them to understand quickly! Have never been so worried about the outcome of something! Don’t think the darkness helps. Always miserable! Wish I had a magic wand to see into the future and know where this is heading!
    H
    x

You gots to think positive – like Bev said is dogs who been far worse than Meg – and Claire sorted Bonnie so you can sort Meg  :ok:

Anonymous

Hi,

worrier … yep – bet you’ve met your match in me tho 😀

will have a look in my thread and explain (and yes she would have taken more than their nose!)

Claire x

Anonymous

Hi,

2 things – i put in alot more work than it sounds like you are, and also she hadnt had the extinctions with me – i got bev involved from before getting her.

that, a dash of luck, making sure no competition for resources, good cues and some judgement of the dogs i was letting her greet and keeping them short + sweet.

Claire x

kizkiznobite

you have to bear in mind hilary that claire is at home all day so is not confined to hours of light etc…so claire was able to do short sharp sessions  ….throughout the day…also claire had the benefit of my brose and amilou….

we will get there…we will…aint going anywhere until we do

and as val said…that first step…ball in park..now then….

fly…you said the norm was…the lick mouth greet then the attack…that last time fly visiited then opppsssss

there was none of that at the weekend…..they played..yep fly was in control …meg took that but…there was no crap from meg…and also fly stayed overnight…yes?

you getting there …you doing good…breathe, take stock, then add some

hugs…i know this is hard…

Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12936.msg250042#msg250042 date=1226083303]
    Hi,

2 things – i put in alot more work than it sounds like you are,[/quote]

Thanks for the support-that really helps. I spend every available moment to me putting effort into getting Meg sorted, including getting up at 5am to make sure she gets everything needed. Bev said to get in touch with you so you could help. but frankly if that is your attitude to my training then I won’t post any more. remember how you felt when Bonne was like my meg and imagine someone telling you that you weren’t putting any effort in……BINGO that is how I am feeling. Didn’t think I could get any lower but you have just succeeded in proving me wrong. thanks again.

wags

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12936.msg250043#msg250043 date=1226083727]

fly…you said the norm was…the lick mouth greet then the attack…that last time fly visiited then opppsssss

there was none of that at the weekend…..they played..yep fly was in control …meg took that but…there was no crap from meg…and also fly stayed overnight…yes?

[/quote]

i cant imagine Fly would take much crap to be honest shes a bit like Cle for that

kizkiznobite

nope…not at all..fly was good …she managed it all well…very chilled for saying she on past exp…the go greet greet nice was brill…from both…all calm no probs…fly at one point did a ok have done that turning back now…and meg responded just fine  🙂

Anonymous

Hi,

*DEEEEEEP BREATH*

i didnt say you wernt putting any effort in, you chose to believe that and you chose to feel hurt.

if you read – what I said was – i put alot more work in than it sounds like you are.  not because i’m some bloody super hero – just because i could.  i was home all day with a 4mth old who slept in his pushchair while i spent every waking moment doing bloody heel close this way heel close walk on leave it good leave it heel close good heel close this way heel close walk on good heel close heel close good heel close leaveit good leaveit etc ….

i needed to get this AND have her do it with the huge distraction of a chuffin great 3 wheel pushchair next to her AND get another dog to do the same AND get them both to do it together AND get all that with the pushchair before I could even consider taking them for a walk during the day and if i didnt walk them i really couldnt leave the house because they didnt settle well all fizzy esp bonnie she had sep anx from hell.  howls the lot.

plus i had a point to prove to all the snidey crappy rescues out there that slammed the phone down on me when i wanted to adopt with a baby 😉

(at this point bev – i am sure neither brose or ami had been).

Claire.

Anonymous

and for the record ….

there is NO WAY i could do G5 with either of my dogs – OK so …. you have alot to give missus 😉

Anonymous

Ok, deep breath taken….sorry Claire. Just a bit sensitive on the meggie moo subject. Feel like I am doing my best but that I am letting her down in the process. Love her dearly and you wouldn’t believe how much judging I get from others “oo isn’t your Meg horrid” “she is nothing like ollie is she” and all these comments I take very personally.

I know you didn’t mean it the way I took it, but I hope you can see why I did and forgive my rant.
    if someone is told frequently enough that they are cr*p then they start to believe it.
    Sorry again and i’ll keep you updated with progress (however slow)
    H x

Mudgie

It doesnt matter how slow the progress is as long as you are going in the right direction – and then when you feel you are actually getting somewhere the wee sod will prove you wrong  ;D  yep we all been there and continue to learn more stuff every day  ;D

Stay strong and focussed and be consistent no matter how much you want to give up  :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime