Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Meg and Bev

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Meg and Bev

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12936.msg250437#msg250437 date=1226174971]
    trust you not to watch the most watched film ever !!

no ….  c’mon someone out there must be “up” on their movies !!
    [/quote]

Shrek Kiz 😉

kizkiznobite

uhuh….havnt seen it  😀

wags

hahahahahahahahahahaha

think i just wet myself

want to explain for those who just dont get it  😀  😀

wags

Ogers are like onions

they have layers

mmmm you really need to watch it – very funny

*Lassie*
    Anonymous

Had a really good day today, was told to practice the go greet at a low critera! This we did today with a dog meg didn’t know! I will talk you all through it later…it will be very long so be prepared!! I am dead chuffed with her and she has worked so hard! Bev said we moving too fast so i’m gona slow down a bit – less far to fall when we have a failure! But it was a successful day and she did brill! Considering we are learning too, I feel quite good but I promise to slow down! We probably added a higher criteria too quickly today, but she was doing so well and I trusted her! She didn’t let me down, but I do understand that she could have done!!!
    Sorry Bev!!!

Off to dinner now but will be back on later to talk you through our busy day and see what you all think of it!

On the postie thread-I’m still thinking!! High level freeshaping me thinks!!!

H

Anonymous

Ok -here goes – long post warning!

First success-A friend came over and we did some door manners! I managed to get both dogs to do a lovely wait whilst i opened the door, got it about a dog width open and both were looking at me and not the door!! So I decided not to push my luck and released them with a go greet!!

Later on in the day another one of my friends came over with her dog Fly who we did some work with last week! They also brought a friend with a border collie called Robbie! We did some management and then introduced Fly at the end of the road! Once Meg was still under management – it took a while – Ash got closer and closer to Fly and told her to go greet – greet nice! Success! tried a few more greets and then they lost interest so we sat them near eachother and had a chat!

Put Fly away and I took over Meg control! Got her under management and the idea was to do the same with Robbie! We were quite far up our road when Robbie appeared at the other end and Meg had time to see that it wasn’t Fly this time! She didn’t fire but I did some “this ways”etc to get her back focused! This continued until we were close enough to Robbie with Meg still focused on me! Told her to go greet and greet nice which she did so click treat – this ways etc. On the next go greet Robbie told Meg that he wasn’t happy with her being in his face so we turned away and on the next go greet she went “errr no ta!” and ignored him – was far happier looking to me for the next cue!!

Soo we moved it closer to our house (Megs territory!) possibly too much too quickly but we felt she was doing well enuf! She coped very well although it took a while to get her focus back! Focus on we did some walking past Robbie and it was all good! Then we did a go greet and I was a fool cos I was waiting for her to snap and said nothing!! So she dutifully did!!! Robbie told her to pi** off and in fairness to Meggie she turned with me and instantly looked up and put herself in a heel close! Was instantly back in focus (Usually after a snap she is like – let me at em again – i’ll get em next time Ra ra ra) She chilled right down so we decided that we needed to repair that quickly!! I did some heel close this way etc away from Robbie and then walked her back past him-focus retained and she put the ear closest to Robbie down as we went past him but never took her eyes off me! Repeated this a few times until she was happy and then asked her to go greet-she said no ta and looked at me! So…we stood and chatted quite close to Robbie and outside our front door and she looked at me all the time (Robbie was sitting still at this point!!) Then we walked past Robbie and I gave her a leave so she went to the other side of my legs (away from Robbie)! She was obviously worried about him and a little scared! We did some more figure of eights around him and she chilled out!
    Then…..as he was here and we seemed to be doing well we moved into the garden – Robbie went in first and I did management with Meg on the street. Finally went into the garden and did loads of circles around Robbie, Meg on outside, then did some with her on inside! She seemed quite interested in Robbies mums treats and far more interested in that than Robbie! After a few circles and figure of eights we decided to call it a day and quit whilst we were ahead! Robbie left the garden and Meg continued her management with me! All be it whilst trying to make sure he was leaving her garden! Tail high but no noise!

I was really pleased – I was worried about the snap that she had at Robbie – but we didn’t give up.. should I have done it differently? Bev-how do I slow down? She was obviously worried about what was going to happen when she walked past Robbie after the snap but eventually I would like her to greet other dogs and know how to rather than avoid them! I know this is far in the future so i’m not gona rush it-was just wondering what process she is going through and what to do!
    H
    x

kizkiznobite

it went well….a few risks taken but she is responding and that is great…go easy when upping criteria…the rule is that criteria is upped when it been all ok at the lower criteria otherwise you are proofing too soon…

well done all…sounds like you all had a great weekend  🙂

well done you doing good  🙂

Anonymous

Meg is going to agility tonight!!! bev is here with us!….have a list of instructions! Can’t help feeling apprehensive! but am looking forward to it in a weird sort of way! Will let you know how it goes.x

Anonymous

Good Luck

Very good luck!!  ;D

good luck hun  :-*

Anonymous

how did it go then …..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime