Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Meg and Bev

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Meg and Bev

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It was good! Bev and Ash were with Meggie and I was helping take the class – but watching what was going on! She did well and was rewarded by getting to do some on lead agility! She had a few snaps at things that came too close but when ash walked her away she calmed straight down and retained focus on ash! She was much calmer than usual and coped really well in such a stressy environment!

I’m sure Bev can add to this and explain it better as to what she was doing with Meg!

It was also good as Bev told me loads of things about the other dogs and handlers that I haven’t noticed before! 

Vivian

That is brilliant news  ;D Keep going and you will get there!  😉

Anonymous

Small Steps!!
    Thought I’d update you on progress! Ash has been walking Meg in the mornings and has been saying that “she has been ok”. Had a bit of a frustration at the weekend and she was so lacking in focus that we abandoned the walk and returned home! Ash took her our by herself about 20 mins later and she was “ok”!
    Anyway-this morning I offered to take her and my goal was to get to the field to play frisbee! Well….I was pleasantly surprised and she did lovely heel close to about half way there!!! We had a cyclist, a car, and a labrador – which is where she lost her focus! Did lots of this way, turn, etc and eventually I got her back and continued to the field! About 100 yards from it she was all excited and a complete pain! I said nowt and just turned around to walk for home….well talk about focus! Got half way back still in a heel close so we turned and tried again! Got to the gate and she lost it-we are on the pavement too so she was torn between looking for cars and wanting to get to the field! Repeated the lets go home then (in my head) and turned…devotion back! So finally we got to the field! Think it took about 30 mins! Played frisbee and then the best bit of the morning….we met a bull terrier (he came into the field on lead) Well Meg couldn’t have given a monkeys! I recalled her to sit with me and put her on her lead-still had frisbee in my hand. Told her to leave and she looked at me! Bull dog walked past with owner and we said good morning! I let her off and she continued to play frisbee!!
    Ollie then joined us with Ash and we all played for a while!
    It took Meg and I ages to get home as she wanted to be with Ash and Ollie, but soon (well not really soon) realised that I was in control of her walk! Took another 30 mins to get home! But I am so pleased with her! Ash has worked hard with heel close and it is really beginning to pay off!
    Right-off to work! Just had to tell you all!!!
    Hils
    x

WELL DONE!!!  :ok:  ;D ;D ;D

kizkiznobite

good…well done…the concept of ‘no reward unless….’ is sinking in…..keep it up..it an important turning point…this is what you are aiming for in order for her to go to agility….so small steps….a slightly busier field a few more dogs etc…controlled greets …then with ollie too then a playground with children in but they keep away…. then a playground with children and a quick hello…. then a bit of a play and fuss with them etc…short controlled sessions with the reward being upped each time there is achievement

well done…really well done….and don’t forget to reward yourselves either  🙂

as for the agility…all i was doing was re-enforcing the cues we had been working on at the highest criteria for her and Ash…..they both did good…could not have expected more from her at that stage…
    i didnt go so far as to let her do the agility course…she was kept on leash and had to settle and watch the other dogs from various points in the room and every now and again do her heelwork with turns and sits and downs in retaining focus on whichever one of us had her…her reward for doing good was to do a few weaves and a couple of jumps….she only lunged twice when other rogue not under control dogs came at her and each time she did a brill leave and back into heel…the last one was when she was with ash doing a couple of jumps on leash…the dog appeared at speed (with owner screeching name over and over  ::) ) Ash got it perfect and megs response was instant and she went into a brill heel looking up at him obedience style…so we left on that good note

as for the club itself….’no comment’ says enough i think  :-X

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime