Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Megasopagus advise pls

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Megasopagus advise pls

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Misty23

We have a pup coming into rescue 10 wks old with megasohagus, we will have her in foster care for a good while, but your comments thought s would be appreciated especially on what diet we should put her on, she is on chudley’s puppy jibble soaked, I want to change that asap

kizkiznobite

bump this for me folks….am working today  🙂

Misty23

will do Bev

kizkiznobite

ok…got a spare few minutes so questions first….

she a springer?

am i right in assuming this is the congenital form?   did any others in litter have it? does the breeder know?

how many times a day is she sicking up?

what treatment has she had if any?

is she being fed ‘bailey’ fashion?

Misty23

Bev, she is a springer
    yes it’s congenial, and the 2 other littermtes have died from it, pet breeder,
    breeder has said 1/2 times per day, but we will gt a more accurate picture mwhen she is in foster care,
    she has had a bar. meal and it showed the food going into the stomach
    is bailey fashioon, where fron two legs are higher than back two when feeding,

kizkiznobite

ok…will good she in ‘bailey’ position…if you know a handyman maybe he can make you a proper chair…

you/fosterer is really going to have work cut out…so brace yourselves….takes a year at least to bring one of these pups on until they can have some surgery ….many pups dont make it because of the struggle to keep the nutrients inside….and many end up being tube fed…remember it not like vomiting…. is like a huge burp up….so pup needs to be kept upright for as long as possible after eating to allow the food to trickle down…

you will need to test the food consistency…some need it as sloppy as first baby foods….some can take it like the slightly firmer 2nd stage baby food etc….some will take lumpy with fluid in…so it try and see am afraid…..

i would start with something like puppy naturediet….’cept i would make my own…and make it as a ‘slurry’ to begin with and see how it goes…if that ok then reduce the sloppiness gradually….

from a behavioural point of view you will need to do rigid toy control and play…and that hard with a wee pup…and teach her not to pick and eat stuff off the floor etc….

good luck…you know where i am if i can be of any help….

Misty23

Thx Bev
    will give you a call

Mary

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime