Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Moving broadband

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Moving broadband

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

Sorry, am sure I posted before but ca’t remember where, and have something else I want to ask. It appears my B\B provider is going to charge me £60  😮 😮 😮 to transfer my B\B. Can they do this? I am very not amused.  >:( I thought these things were free to move – or just an admin charge.  :-\

*Nat*

I think it depends whether you are still under contract with them – it probably says it in the small print somewhere  ::)

GSPmad

Sorry – I meant keeping the same Broadband but transferring it from one house to another, not cancelling it.  :-\

*Nat*

Oh, well in that case I have no idea  😀 Sorry  ;D Sounds alot of money to do that though  :-\

GSPmad

[quote author=*Nat* link=topic=12917.msg248469#msg248469 date=1225549720]
    Sounds alot of money to do that though  :-\
    [/quote]

That’s what I thought.  >:( >:D

*Nat*

Are you still under contract with them  ??? If not threaten to change BB proivider unless they transfer you to new address for free  ;D Worth a go  :-\

GSPmad

Still under contract.  🙁 Is there some sort of industry regulator I can ask? Is it OFCOM same as the phone?

*Nat*

Worth trying them, I’m sure they’d put you in the right direction if they don’t deal with it  🙂

Anonymous

I never paid anything why are you asking  :confused:all I did was on line give them a change of address which they rarely even use as it’s internet so we use the internet infact apart from the odd promo they have no need to even know where I live thinking about it (as I sometimes do)  ;D all they are interested in is a card update so their money keeps coming
    Val

GSPmad

[quote author=Val link=topic=12917.msg248539#msg248539 date=1225572115]
    I never paid anything why are you asking  :confused:all I did was on line give them a change of address which they rarely even use as it’s internet so we use the internet infact apart from the odd promo they have no need to even know where I live thinking about it (as I sometimes do)  ;D all they are interested in is a card update so their money keeps coming
    Val
    [/quote]

Cos I went to do the change address on their site so they can move the B\B to here and I can cancel this one – and the form I was about to fill in said there was a £60 charge.  :-\ 🙁

Anonymous

Who are you with ?

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12917.msg248549#msg248549 date=1225573343]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=12917.msg248539#msg248539 date=1225572115]
    Val
    [/quote]

Cos I went to do the change address on their site so they can move the B\B to here and I can cancel this one – and the form I was about to fill in said there was a £60 charge.  :-\ 🙁
    [/quote]

GSPmad

Plusnet.

Anonymous

I have never heard of them still can’t work out where the money comes in it can’t be admin as you type your change of address what a con have you asked how long is left on your contract ?

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12917.msg248556#msg248556 date=1225573604]
    Plusnet.
    [/quote]

GSPmad

My contract will be a year from last April when I took it out I think. I just wanted to get it sorted quick and easy and it be one less thing to worry about – but nowt wants to work that way – so I think I will have to phone and speak to them 1st, then if no joy with them head for OFCOM… I could live with it if it was £10 or something… but £60 is steep.  :-\

Anonymous

my advice – e-mail bbc radio sheffield or nottingham most local stations do a “consumer help” section of the show and they are always dealing with broadband hell like this.  they will do all the crap for you – for free and all you have to do is e-mail them and you might have to do a tiny bit of speaking on radio (worth it to save £60 + all the hasstle – or you can actually get ANYONE you  know to call for you).

claire x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime