Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Wow no wonder your brain is fried, sounds like you had an intense day, good on you for taking it all in and putting it into practise, good on you 🙂
    oh and we need more pictures please ;D

Anonymous

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12078.msg236072#msg236072 date=1218540528]
    A tired dog is a happy dog – happy dogs make happy owners
    [/quote]

I’ll second that  😀

Sounds like you got lots to do Richard – but in a good way. Is amazing the difference meeting Bev has made to my understanding of how Loki behaves – also all the info on this board is great too.

RichardD

Yeah Oscar comes back everytime when we are out but is a bit casual when we’re at home. the little bugger!!!! I’ll work on it though. Yeah  the good thing about the walking is that i can be doing his sit and wait cues as well. I wish i hadn’t written it down, as now it seems alot to do. But hey ho, i think its time for some more training.

I definatley agree with the old “A tired dog is a happy dog “, as anyone got one of these elusive tired dogs, i could have  ;D

Mudgie

I own a constantly tired and extremely happy dog  ;D  but you aint having him – loads of training and one to one make him that way – I would be bored and lost without him  ;D

RichardD

Well here comes another update!!!!

Hey to eveyone!!!

Well its been a very tiring and stressfully couple of days but ultimatley very rewarding.

Juno is the boss!!! Fact. Oscar doesn’t know whats hit him.:)

First off, the training, its going well, Oscar walks really well now, its only when he gets to the point where he’d noramlly be let off that he starts to pull but we’re getting there. Had an infuriating inncident the other day, we we’re walking along, he was being really good and walking to heal, next thing a pitbull comes out of nowwhere and starts barking at oscar, so im looking around and there’s some beep head in a baseball cap miles away occasionally shouting for his dog to come back while casually strolling!!!! So this dog starts to get agressive, oscar’s on his lead and we just start to walk away, oscar’s being really good walking away with me, then the dog nips the tail of oscar, oscar turns around and starts really barking at the dog. Next thing the beep head in the cap runs over to tell, shouting at me and calling me eveyname under the sun and says ive should keep oscar under better control. So i stood there, said to oscar, sit, down, which he did. I said to him can your dog do that, he just looked at me and i said well f*** off then and just walked away.

Anywho, yeah its going well, his cues have improved greatly inside and out.

As for Juno,
    she’s confident, not scared anymore and still adorable. Her cues are improving also, she knows sit in all situations, down and 4 paws 80% of the time and she knows down, she also knows bed.

We’ve just started walking her and she’s lovely, but we can start walking her properly from the start which is loads better.

They both play really well together now, have the ocassional bark at each other but i know when to let them have there own time.

Hope everyones ok.

Richard, Justine, Juno & Oscar (pack order!)

Mudgie

Sounds as though you are making progress  ;D  goodo – update of pics would be good we do like to see pics  ;D

RichardD

[img width=351 height=468]http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v298/29/122/505238487/n505238487_1220987_6218.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v296/29/122/505238487/n505238487_1265241_9203.jpg[/img]

This is what happens if you give them an inch 🙂

[img width=468 height=351]http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v296/29/122/505238487/n505238487_1265242_9554.jpg[/img]

They always sleep together
    [img width=468 height=351]http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v296/29/122/505238487/n505238487_1265244_146.jpg[/img]

My girlfriend, Oscar and Juno
    [img width=468 height=351]http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v296/29/122/505238487/n505238487_1265245_504.jpg[/img]

And now just little/big Juno

[img width=351 height=468]http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v296/29/122/505238487/n505238487_1265246_795.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

gorgeous pics  ;D  they are lovely doggies  :-*

kizkiznobite

good news.. 🙂

see juno is still taking reassurance from human contact… 😉

Jenny s

they are lovely pics you must be so proud of what youve achieved ;D

Anonymous

Pleased life is getting easier

Juno is the boss!!! Fact. Oscar doesn’t know whats hit him.

I told you she would be  ;D

*Nat*

Good to hear you’re making progress  ;D Nice pics  🙂

Mudgie

much more relaxed looking doggies – look at how juno has grown  ;D

Aw they’re lovely pics, she’s very sweet  :-*

Hello RichardD
    I was just having a browse through the web and came accross this website and I can’t believe that your weimarana bitch Juno has exactly the same pedigree as my dog.  We have only just got Arnie who is 6 months old – born on 19th March this year.  His pedigree is exactly the same so that makes our dogs brother and sister but not from the same litter.  I can’t believe it!!  Juno sounds just like Arnie – so loving and such a sweetie – great temperament and all that.  Would be great to chat about them. 😀

[quote author=RichardD link=topic=12078.msg233752#msg233752 date=1217601328]
    Right this is gonna take me a while heres the pedigree.

First Parent
    Sire
    Sh Ch Gunalt Rumous about Sybaris

Grandparents
    Sire
    Gunalt Insense

[b]Dam[b]
    Sh Ch Gunalt Ruffles

Second Parent
    Dam
    Divine Power through Millie

Grandparents

Sire
    Sh Ch Gunalt Good Will

Dam
    Gunalt Vodka.

Right, thats all i can be bothered to do for now 🙂
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime