Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 189 total)
  • Author

well done thats great news  ;D

Well done thats lovely news, and please keep us updated  ;D

*Nat*

Blimey board elf about again, this threads just popped up  ::)

Good to hear things have improved, gorgous looking dog  ;D Welcome to the board and please keep us posted  🙂

RichardD

Ok so we might have a small problem. Help!!!!

My girlfriend has bought a weimeraner puppy, she’s a 17 month old bitch!!!! Oscar is not amused.
    She apparently saw it on epupz and while she was in london went and got it as a suprise!!! As she lives with me and oscar this might get a little awkward.

So we got them to meet last night in a park. They were fine together. Get them home and a slightly different story. He’s snapped at her a few times, nothing nasty ie didn’t have his teeth showing and won’t let her into the garden. She’s kind of tried to snap back but not really, but i don’t want him to see it differently. They seem to like each other but he’s all over her all the time and just keeps leaning on her and standing over her. We let them sleep seperately last night and she was good as gold. She’s really placid and i think quite submissive as she keeps lying on her back when he comes over. But i don’t think she likes him all over her face, who would.

So i really need some advice on how to intergrate her into the house.

Her name is juno by the way.

Thanks

Richard

kizkiznobite

😮 blimey….

well..the problem is they have already been introduced so you are not now working with a clean slate on this

need much more info on both of them really

is boyo castrated if so what age done
    is girlie spayed if so do you know when

what have you said and done with each of them when these challenges have happened?

RichardD

He’ s 2 1/2 and was castrated about 7 months ago and She hasn’t been spayed.

Oscars very dominant, bouncy and just want’s to play, he’s also very very nervous and jealous.

Juno’s seems lovely, very placid and laid back, wants affection but is fine on her own. We only had her last ight so its difficult to tell be she seems the exact opposite to oscar.

Richard

kizkiznobite

has she had pups…..if so recently?

and what have you said and done when these challenges happen

i am a bit suprised as in your first post you mention that when he on leash he fear or resource aggressive of other dogs…she will be most likely be the pack manager once she has settled in if you get there with her and he will have to accept that…it going to be very hard for him

oh wow… :-\ could have an awful lot of work ahead  🙂

RichardD

No she hasn’t had pups.

When oscar has snapped at her (its only happened twice) ive told him no and sent him to his bed, which he does straight away.

im no quite sure on how im supposed to react???

Richard

kizkiznobite

no you mustnt do that….at the moment you have to re-enforce his house status and not punish or exclude him in anyway…lure him away…he gets everything first until he starts to accept her…so minimum fuss for her…he gets fed first, through the door first, greeted first etc..if you continue to punish him he will lose trust and respect for you and you will lose what you have gained so far…

reduce all resources…and bear in mine you are a resource too..you have to let him see this girl is not a threat to that

when did she have her last season, why did the folks get rid

RichardD

She’s only 17 weeks old. Do they go through that at that age. The reason the owners whated to sell her was for the money. They weren’t very nice at all.

Richard

Izzie

Is she 17 Weeks or 17 months old???

kizkiznobite

sorry you put 17 months in the OP  🙂

what is her affix?…wonder why they didnt return her to the breeder  ???

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12078.msg233699#msg233699 date=1217581249]
    sorry you put 17 months in the OP  🙂

what is her affix?…wonder why they didnt return her to the breeder  ???
    [/quote]

they wouldn’t have got the cash if they’d done that… am guessing  :-\

RichardD

Oh sorry,  ;D yeah she’s 17 weeks old!!! The woman who was selling her just wanted to make some money, from what i can gather from my girlfriend and Juno was one of seven. She’s got her pedigree papers and everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime