Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    RichardD

Also god knows why the above post come out in some bold and some normal  🙂

kizkiznobite

mmmm …well….gunalt line breeding eh?

ok i have q’s loads of them but this not the time or place i guess but the starter for ten…is

on eputz?……

heyho you have her now….and if that all you can bothered to do for now…so be it…..

do not …in my personal opinion…exclude him or punish him etc etc…lure her off – re-enforce him….

am here if you need me to advise…pm me or post FAO bev

otherwise i am done

Anonymous

Gunalt are big in the breed that said IMO they breed some dogs and allow some studs to breed far to close in a breed that is already inbreed and overbreed.
    And thats all I can be bothered to say on that front as for your girlfriend buying a pup off epupz we have said many times on this board NEVER buy pups off there it’s a puppy farmers dream.

Val

RichardD

Hey, when i put i can’t be bothered i hope i didn’t offend anyone. I just meant i didn’t really have time to type it all out as im trying to give all my attention to oscar and Juno.

I didn’t know epupz was seen in such a bad light. If its as bad as what’s been said i won’t go on there again.
    As for the inbreeding/overbreeding, what might this mean for Juno??? Any common problems that may occur from this?? Besides being crazy, but there all like that 🙂

Really good advice about the “don’t exclude him or punish him etc etc…lure her off – re-enforce him”.
    He seems to be realising that she’s not a threat. They’ve played really well today, so hopefully they can continue getting better with each other.

Also Bev if you want to ask any questions, you can, i’ll try to answer them best i can!!!

Richard

Anonymous

oooo Gunalt eh! She judge us at Guildford very nice lady gave me first! 😀  Mabe you should think about showing her in the future ???
    glad they are getting on okay 🙂

Mudgie

I have said this already on board

Nacho was bought through Epupz – I knew very little then – sometimes think I know not a lot more now  :-\ Nacho has great affix and that has been said on board from those who know what they are talking about  😉

Anyhow she is yours now so best you get on with it  ;D

Gracie

Gracies Daddy is Gunalt Good Will  🙂

and well i have my own theories about Gracie, didnt know at the time, that reminds me Val if you have that KC book that has all the registered litters would be interested in you looking up Nov 05  🙂 let me know when you in the mood for detective work  😉 (sorry going off topic now)

and ahhh the puppy blue eyes love em  :-*

RichardD

Hey everyone,

Well we had a intersting weekend. Oscar towards me has been grate, he’s showing less dominance towards me and he overall is better behaved.

As for Oscars behaviour toward juno, well thats a different matter. The whole of Saturday he was lovely with her. They played together and even though he dominated where she went and what she did it wasn’t anywhere near what it was in the previous days. Then yesterday, he attacked her, she was just sitting there and as he walked past he just jumped on her and was ragging her on the floor. It was horrible!!!!! She was screaming and crying. I seperated them and put him in his bed. She was fine afterwards, there’s no marks on her but still. Its knocked me for six, am i going to be able to make this work??? I was really confident after saturday, but now im not so sure.

Richard

kizkiznobite

‘do not …in my personal opinion…exclude him or punish him etc etc…lure her off – re-enforce him….’

you have to re-enforce his status as i said before…and putting him in his bed will be viewed as a punishment

‘They played together and even though he dominated where she went and what she did it wasn’t anywhere near what it was in the previous days’

what do you mean by this…the word dominant is not measurable….thats why i use the term management so can you explain a little more?

RichardD

By dominate i mean, he makes her go where he wants and he wont allow her up the stairs. He won’t allow her outside. If she gets up, so does he and just walks with her trying to put his weight on her. But if she needs the toilet what am i supposed to do. As for his punishment, again he just pinned her to the floor and ragged her, if i hadn’t dragged him off i dont know what would of happened. She was screaming. The problem is you put i should “lure her off” but he had her pinned, she is so timmid and scared of him but he still bullies her. She rolls on her back most of the time when he comes over. She can’t do anymore.

Im at a loss.

I really do appreciate the advice, i just don’t want him to bully her and for her to be really scared of him. Perhaps thats how it should be, i just don’t think it should be.

Richard

hi richardD

the way you have to look at is
    1) from you point of view – he attacked her and might have hurt her if you hadnt dragged them appart
    2) from the dogs view – hes was asurting himself and wouldnt have actualy hurt her, that is how dogs sort thier positions out

i do know how you felt when he had pinned her as when i had my puppy stan had him pinned by the throught to the floor once but that was only because the pup hadnt learnt his place and was pestering stan.

im not a behaviourist or anything but bev will be able to help more

RichardD

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i see what your saying, its just Juno doesn’t pester Oscar in the slightest, she actually tries to avoid him.

each dog is different so were mine pestered yours might not 🙂 sorry if im not making sence

you do need to stop excluding him though as that could leed to problems later, remember you havent had her long give her time and she will find her feet 🙂

if you need to seperate them then do so but put juno in a different part of the room.

when he went for her how was he?
    did he shake her like a ragdoll (so to speak) or was she just pinned to the floor?
    what was his body position like?
    was his tail wagging, out straight or down low?

sorry for all the questions but im just trying to get an idea of how it was and im sure bev would want to know aswell ;D

RichardD

Ok, I’ll explain what i normally do and see if this is right.
    When he starts getting to rough with her and its not exactly playing anymore i normally put them in there individual beds so they can calm down! Is this right??

When he went for her his tail was up, it always is when he’s around her, that or wagging. But it was up when he went for her.

As for whether she shook, it all happened really fast. But i think he just pinned her to the floor and she was trying to get away. She cried and screamed for about 1-2 minutes afterwards.

As for his body position, it was just normal. He was just walking past her.

One admission though we were eating at the time at the table. She’d been having her food in her room and i’d given him a nibble from the table. I let her in, she sits by the table. He walks past next thing you know he’s got her. Could it be that he thought i was going to give her something???

One admission though we were eating at the time at the table. She’d been having her food in her room and i’d given him a nibble from the table. I let her in, she sits by the table. He walks past next thing you know he’s got her. Could it be that he thought i was going to give her something???

now im no expert but i would say that that is were your problem is, i would emajine that he did think that you were going to feed her, so try shutting them both out (if you can) just until they have settled together

As for whether she shook

sorry i ment did oscar shake juno

She cried and screamed for about 1-2 minutes afterwards.

what did you do whilst she was doing this?

When he starts getting to rough with her and its not exactly playing anymore

how do you mean because puppy play can be rough so how are they ussualy playing when you split them

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime