Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs My aggresive Weimaraner! :(

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    RichardD

Do you mean shut them out when we are eating?

No i don’t think oscar did shake her, he just pinned her to the ground. He was snarling and barking really aggressive though. While he was doing it and when i pulled him off.

When she cried i just was making sure she hadn’t been bit anywhere and making sure she wasn’t hurt. I did hold her afterwards still she stopped crying. I think that might of been a mistake because isn’t that rewarding the fact she’s crying?

When i say rough, i mean, like the can be both on there backs play fighting and mouthing each other, thats fine. Its when oscar starts jumping on her that its a bit of a problem because he is massive! And even though she’s not tiny, he still hurts her when he lands on top oh her.

Anonymous

Yes I would give them time out apart when you eat, then no danger of one thinking the other is going to get something.
    Not sure if this is the same but when Kodi is scared of something, mainly other dogs, she will run to me, at first I made a big fuss of her saying its okay and giving her a cuddle, WRONG!
    Thats obv what you want to do they are only little and young and like kids you want to reassure them, but wilth dogs you just re inforce that behaviour, obv you want to check they are okay but a quick look, cant see anything major or obv, then a  off you go but no touching, its harder for us than it is for them  😉
    When playing gets rough dont physically seperate them a quick loud shout ‘enough’ or stop should get their attention, then put them both away from each other, not just Oscar, then when the are calm again, let them out but him first, dont make a big fuss about it just calmly open the gates and carry on with what you are doing.

Do you mean shut them out when we are eating?

if you can, either that or have them sat or laid down well away from you

No i don’t think oscar did shake her, he just pinned her to the ground. He was snarling and barking really aggressive though. While he was doing it and when i pulled him off.

was he growling at you when you pulled him off or at juno? what did you say do juring all of it?

I did hold her afterwards still she stopped crying. I think that might of been a mistake because isn’t that rewarding the fact she’s crying?

you are right 🙂 by comforting her you were reinforcing the crying, think of it this way: if a child crys and the parent gives them a sweet every time, the child will soon figure that if it crys it will get a sweet
    what i would have done (if there is no obviouse blood) is left her until she had stopped crying and then looked her over fully

Its when oscar starts jumping on her that its a bit of a problem because he is massive! And even though she’s not tiny, he still hurts her when he lands on top oh her

sorry im stumped on this one 😀

like ive said im no expert but bev is so when she comes online later she will be able to help more, im just asking questions so she doesnt have to 😀 ;D

and i agree with what jaydex said re the ‘enough’ and seperating 🙂

RichardD

Yeah you’ve both given really good advice there, thanks.

I feel a lot better about it now, especially after reading your advice.
    Im gonna try and implement it tonight.
    Im going to keep them away from me when im eating.
    If they play too rough, they’ll get a time out on there own until they both calm down and then introduce them together again without any fuss. ( i don’t try and seperate them normally anyway, i normally tell them to stop but it was because he had her to the floor)
    And if Juno gets hurt while playing i’ll wait until she’s calmed down and stopped crying then i’ll make sure she’s not hurt.

Thanks again for the help.
    Im sure i’ll be back on with more questions.  ;D

well we are all her to help ;D im sure that someone else will ad some more info later 🙂

i thought i would post some ‘play’ pics of my dogs for you so you can see how it can be & look, maybe some help ??  :-\

Attachments:

more

Attachments:

Mudgie

If you start to get this right you can achieve Male and Female weims snuggling together and being happy  ;D

Attachments:

awww mudgie they look so cute 🙂

Mudgie

long time ago  ;D  I have a video – will go find it – what they were like days together – but hey I took the advice on the board – got nooches manners sorted before BB came home – and they were a great team  ;D

Mudgie

[video src="http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/Bluebell_02/Fight%20Fight%20Fight/?action=view&current=Pictureauspup025.flv" /]

oh bb is adorable and nooch played so gentle with her  :-*

they are gorge and look asthough they are having so much fun ;D

RichardD have a look at the video, dogs play can be more rough than that but they are lovely 🙂
    if possible try and get a video of yours playing 🙂

RichardD

Your dogs are gorgeous!!! The pictures do help. I understand what eveyryones saying, its just like in the video the puppy is all over the bigger dog. But in my case sometimes Juno is cowaring and Oscars jumping all over her. But yeah sometimes they do play like in the video. Also they do lie next to each other when they sleep. 🙂

I just don’t want her to be bullied by him thats all.

Mudgie

I dont want to go off thread here but what I am trying to explain and demonstrate is that with time patience and consistency you can get this to work.  But you need to do it right  😉  Bev helped me greatly with Nooch Pooch and his manners – he was about one year younger than yours. If you dont get this sorted quick smart you are going to be in way deeper than you ever thought possible.   >:D

My advice (for what it is worth)  get someone around who knows what they are talking about.   I didnt quite “get it” until I was shown how to manage my dog.   p:-)  He has no issues now – and I mean none whatsoever.  But you have to continuously be pack manager – I trusted mine 100% when I wasnt even in the house.  They were bestest buddies  ;D  BB absolutely adored Nacho – Nacho adores food, tennis balls and me – but he knew his manners and they never once hurt each other  :-*

The puppy is over the big dog – because the big dog is allowing her to be  😉  He could have snapped her head off in one bite if he had chosen to.  😉 

Your problem isnt about bullying it is about pack status.  You arent leading the pack.  They are having to sort it out themselves.  BB became the leader (she is the pupster)  Nacho was happy for her to be the leader. 

You need help Richard and I dont think the written word on this board will be enough – get Bev booked to come show you how to deal with this.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime