Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

my boy Max

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training my boy Max

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

and…what are you seeing  😉

deebee

im seeing its that printer thing again

Izzie

I see 4/14 of 3’s and 4’s and 10/14 of 8’s, 9’s and 10’s.

and how good was he today??? :tease: :tease: :tease:

deebee

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=12413.msg242756#msg242756 date=1222542770]
    I see 4/14 of 3’s and 4’s and 10/14 of 8’s, 9’s and 10’s.
    [/quote]

eh?  :what:

i texted you Izzie.  he was asleep! nothing out of place, even his toys. he stayed settled when i got back too, at my feet while i read the papers. just as well as i didnt feel too bright.

taken a step back and he is more relaxed.  hardly any distractions to erm, distract him.
    at the shop, he seems to prefer licking the pavement than watching the people unless they get close.

Izzie

He was a good boy. Couldnt text back as was in the ring.

Am trying to point out to you- you have achieved more than you realised- like I said to you yesterday.  :tease:

deebee

why is it that its the most frail and infirm who insist on coming up to max? i say please ignore him but they continue right up to him saying ‘no, hes fine’. i say firmly that hes not and only then do they vear away (while hes thinking ‘where you going? jumpy jumpy).

anyway, today this little yorkie appeared from nowhere on an extendable, was close to max, he was suprised but not too bad.  then she tied it up and went in the shop and it  frustrated stressy barked nonstop. that did it for max and he really tried to get to it barking aswell. i upped and walked away about 15 feet, couldnt go any further but it was out of sight if not hearing and he calmed down. when he listened to me we went back slowly and i could see that he was going to start again so turned back again. next time, the dog had gone and we resumed our sit down. he did settle down quickly which i didnt expect after previous encounters.

sick or really old people can touch beau no problem at all infact my nanna use to smack his head really hard  😮 and he just licked he and sat and waited til she was done…. and last weekened he let 2 people stroke his head i was like  ;D

you doing great and sounding so much more relaxed and organised and confident  :yes:

deebee

about time for an update

whistle recall in house/garden C1/2 10/10           
    nosetouch C1/2  10/10                                     C3  8/10
    whistle sit C1/2   8/10                                       
    verbal sit C1/2   9/10                                        C3  8/10
    visual sit C1/2   10/10                                       C3  8/10
    whistle down C1/2  4/10
    visual down C1/2   9/10
    dead (to hand) C1/2   7/10                               C3  8/10 (with treat)
    wait C!/2  8/10 C3    8/10                                 C3  10/10
    close C1/2 3/10                                               C3  7/10
    leave C1/2  9/10 C3 4/10                                  C3  6/10

cues not mentioned are omitted because i havent done them at C3.  C3 for me is my quiet streets and up the shop.

i sometimes feel we are getting nowhere and flogging a dead horse, then suddenly, we seem to get it! then not get it then get it for a bit longer! is the way of learning i know but it seems so polarised.

all of the above is erratic, sometimes we do really well and sometimes its poor. ive sort of averaged it all out, but the good is coming more often than poor.

i let him off yesterday (no dogs) and he found what i later saw was a cooked chicken carcass. he was a way behind me with his face in the grass and was just about to recall when he spotted me looking at him and ran back to me. i didnt know where i was going so i turned back (past the chicken) and he went back to it.  i was next to him this time so i told him dead as i got the black pudding out. he dropped the chicken! he could have tried to have both, but he didnt and i distracted him away from it and we carried on. no-one around to see me skipping about and silly voicing Max.

this morning down my road, straight out hardly any ridding of energy before hand, he walked almost completely to heel. pulled half heartedly to get to stuff but left on cue. neighbour came out just as we were level, ‘morning’s all round, Max took no notice. he did pull at 2 cars going past though, he had stopped doing that.  when we got back, straight into the garden to go mad. this showed to me that he was controlling himself on the walk (or reacting to my happy vibes when we got in).

he is chewing a little more each morning unfortunately and the sound transfers to the bedroom very loudly. i thought he had got out of the kitchen again and was eating another jigsaw, so i got up as quietly as possible and got downstairs to see him quietly lying down with his bone  :what:  he had it up against the skirts so it sounded really loud.

some more teeth are coming through so i put it down to that.

is sitting in the back of the van quietly for a short time on his own. i have loads of stuff in the back because of work and worry that he will eat something, though driving to the walk yesterday he had something in his mouth and i called to him spit and he did!!

have started going to a neighbour who said i could come and practice settle . she cant stop staring at him while talking to me and at the first visit he reacted to that. less so the last time but i keep telling her to look at me not him lol.

his humping technique is still ridiculous and he brings his pillow (whats left of it) into the living room for me to cheer him on. i tell him take it out and he does and i can hear him in the hallway.

sorry for the long post but writing this helps me to see how far hes come when sometimes i feel were getting nowhere.

thanks for reading :happy: :happy: :happy:

kizkiznobite

sounds good to me…well done  :yes:

take the whistle stuff to the front of the house deebee…keep him leashed and near the door…slight criteria jumps for this i think…also get some verbal downs on the front lawn by the path…try to practice them when you know a distraction will appear…

deebee

forgot to mention, sitting at the shops he is alot better
    someone already sat there (in a mood by the looks of them so didnt take any notice) Max went to them i told him not to and he didnt try again.
    kids waiting for their parents playing outside the shops, no attempt to get to them but staring intently at the boys.
    dogs tied up, very interested but contains himself, so long as they dont then walk past too close.

a couple of people stopped to ask me about him. one with kids, the usual attempt to get them to touch him alot less forceful. then just sitting there as i talk to them. the other was an older lady who sat beside us. when she stood up max went to her, sat and pushed his head to her hand and she obliged, but he took a few moments to get silly about it. then i called him off (with a drag)

but

this is very much the location.
    trying to think where i can go to that is similar but different.

kizkiznobite

up the anti  ;D go stand outside the butchers  🙂

deebee

now your just being sadistic :what:

though it is a thought …..

deebee

what about letting out time at the primary school??

oh lordy, what a sight that would be lol

kizkiznobite

yep schools are good…take treats and encourage kids to wait until he has followed a cue and let them reward…but only if settled

me …sadistic  ;D

deebee

i’m he’s not ready for that.

so, you admit youre a sadist then?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime