Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

My dog is like a spoilt child

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training My dog is like a spoilt child

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

[quote author=Val link=topic=15049.msg274580#msg274580 date=1267821599]
    Thamks for the kind words Diesel, this board was here before Bev (much as she is missed) and will survive be it slow at the moment.
    What I fail to understand is the amount of people that join this board never to post even an intro.
    One good thing out of this is all the members dogs must be well otherwise there would be posts shouting for help
    Val
    [/quote]

You are right there :yes: I would soon shout ;D
    Tam is bouncing, thinks he is a puppy trying to chase cars, Willow is bored with the bad weather and both need a bath

Val

I am with Willow roll on the summer  :ok:

Diesel73

[quote author=Val link=topic=15049.msg274580#msg274580 date=1267821599]
    Thamks for the kind words Diesel, this board was here before Bev (much as she is missed) and will survive be it slow at the moment.
    What I fail to understand is the amount of people that join this board never to post even an intro.
    One good thing out of this is all the members dogs must be well otherwise there would be posts shouting for help
    Val
    [/quote]
    I never understoud that, why one would join yet never have any intention to post anything.  :-\

Anonymous

yep roll on summer  🙂

Mancun
    quote :

So 3 hours later he is sitting in front of fire crying just crying no reason other than he is a spoilt brat and wants me to feel bad for taking him to the bad cages

He was not trained effectively in the first place, if he was sepration would make no difference, not your fault, whoever you got your training from is responsible.

Anyway, I suggest you try The Guild of Dog Trainers, NOTHING to do with APDT or any of those, and also read the article by Sara Muncke of Chiltern Rescue, shes also a member of the guild of dog trainers. When a dog is trained it is trained for life with that person, no matter how long a separation might be.

Guild Of Dog Trainers
    http://www.godt.org.uk/index1.htm

Sara Muncke article on here
    http://trainedforlife.co.uk/articles.aspx

Mancun
    quote :

we cant afford to lose any more  members – unless you want the board to die completely

I can only find posts going back to summer 2008 but if this was one of the dog boards telling everyone they must only do positive training then that’s why. Positive training are money making but otherwise meaningless terms, if you read Sara Munckes article she is talking about the consequences of that sort of training and the effects it had on owners, but, is all but finished over this past 3 years or so, too many people were living with dogs which were a nightmare. If this board was only promoting that then that’s why its died, all those type dog forums are dying on their training forums, everyone knows these days they were/are just full of commercial trainers, usually under anonymous names, promoting income for themselves or other belonging to the same commercial organisiation AND, for everyone, its the same on all forums which have some kind of consumer member potential, not just just animal things.  
    People want a well behaved dog which is not causing problems and costing immense amounts of money on ineffective training or behaviourists and ending up being dumped in a rescue cos they cannot cope. I don’t know what this board was promoting, as I say I can only find posts going back to summer 08 so i dont know what was going on but that so called reward training is finished & IF thats was being promoted here then thats why its running down, to many dogs paid the price, now even some rescues are finaly coming out to tell the sad and sorry tale, to late for 1000s of poor dogs but at least they are starting to release the info.

Izzie

uhuh ::)…and if you had gone through the sticky posts you would have realised posts had gone back further  ::)

Val

This board has always been much more than a training board.
    It’s the way things go, at the moment Facebook is the fashion.
    Val

Mudgie

Quite happy with how my dog is trained and how gorgeous he is – thank you very much — I trained him myself like every dog owner should……  so shoot me  ;D

My dog is trained with positive reinforcement  ;D  He is a superstar and if he is spoilt he is my spoilt superstar and I wouldnt change him for anything in the world.

*Lassie*

Wouldn’t want a perfectly behaved dog :nono: No animal or child will do as it is told 100% of the time …….less they come with batteries
    Both mine are spoilt rotten, even if you are a ‘strong’ leader a dog will still go ‘up yours’ at some point in time

i cant believe some of the things i have been hearing on this forum :scared:

Val you are wonderfull and have held down the fort brilliantly and Bev is greatly missed.

Mancun you have no right to accuse Mudgie of not training her dog properly and i found your post very offencive, normal people can (and do) train their own dogs effectivly. my dog was an absolute nightmare when i first got him (would lunge at anything) i trained him myself and appart from a few snapps at an annoying dog sniffing his rear he is my ‘perfect’ boy and i wouldnt have him any other way

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=15049.msg278434#msg278434 date=1292964395]
    Wouldn’t want a perfectly behaved dog :nono: No animal or child will do as it is told 100% of the time …….less they come with batteries
    Both mine are spoilt rotten, even if you are a ‘strong’ leader a dog will still go ‘up yours’ at some point in time
    [/quote]

totally agree with you lassie, i love Stans little ‘quirks’ its what makes him unique ;D

kizkiznobite

been off the board for a while due to ill health…mancun…have seen you flashing on and off
    would like to debate someything with you re reward based training…..if you up to it  😉

*Lassie*

You must be feeling better to throw down the gauntlet Kiz ;D ;D

kizkiznobite

lets just say this thread cheesed me off in more ways than one  😉

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime