Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

MY pack.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    K9_the_4th

Hello, firstly happy new year to you all.

Im a new member to the forum, hoping to get some information and just say hi really !

My pack consists off, 3 mutts,dogs, ALL rescued from very different backgrounds,. but each with thier own personality, and moods…and my first love was Tara..whom now sadly lives on a cloud.

First was TARA, a black lab, we had her when she was 6 weeks old, but before that, a family with very young children had her, we noticed one day Tara being THROWN from a set of concrete steps 13 steps high, onto the ground below, luckily she landed feet first, and lived to tell the tale, but was always very wary of heights from then on in,.. we took her in after a heated row with the lady owner, who glady acceped that her children were far too young to have a puppy and handed her over to me. SHE lived to a very respected age of 12, before cancer took her from us..never to be forgotten.

Then came ZOE.. a yellow lab, a young boy who had a mental problem was told by social services to get a dog, love and care for the dog, and he would stop his bad behaviour problem, he used to hit his family, he was uncontrolable, but he just took out all his behaviour on Zoe,..who came to me with bruises and a dislocated shoulder,..very very frightend and timmid, time healed her, and plenty of love.. now she’s full of fun and loves cuddles, when she first came you couldnt even raise your hand to point, but her tail went between her legs…. she is getting on a bit now, with her arthritis kicking in big time, but still the pack leader to the others.. older and wiser,..shes the boss !!

Then came CHUCKIE.. not a name id have chosen..he came with it.. rescused from the cat and dog home.. found wondering around in a rite mess.noone wanted him because hes huge, was in the kennels for a long time…he’s a big guy, huge infact.. but soo lovable, he’s like a big polar bear.. white as snow..and a mix of labrador and  something….we nealy lost him last year..and it wasnt till the day i had to take him to the vets, i cryed buckets.. hed made such an impact in my life.. thats when i new how much i loved him.. he just plods about , making no problems, just happy i think to be with a family, he gives so much love to everyone.. Well now the big lad has gone deaf.. or is it selective hearing…????  he can sometimes be seen to  raise his eyes on a crisp packet opening, but call his name, and nothing…so i think its maybe ” cant be bothered just now to come” will when im ready tho..

We werent looking to rescue so soon,.. with having 3 dogs, already,.. untill Tara passed,.. we waited for a while.  but it wasnt long before my friend was phoning, me with a web site for rescue dogs.. we’d always said we’d had the lot,  a black lab, a yellow lab, and chuckie our white lab mix..all we needed was a chocolate lab.. soooooooo  yip u guessed it… BAILEY came to our attention. an excitable 2 years old.. nutter !! he’d been sent to kennel because of his behaviour..  but we couldnt resist..  now we have him, life just isnt the same… its better.. the other two are getting on now.. things were settled before bailey. walks eats down the seaside, easy life… now, its training, disipline, bad boy,  but such a laugh,..he gets up to some proper wee tricks.. eats shoes !! loves shoes.. and knickers and trousers.. well,.. anything really.. he keeps us on our toes, thats for sure.

thats my pack.. hope i didnt bore you lot to much.. i will post pics when i download them.

ive got some stories to tell.. especially BAILEY stories…you’ll  laugh ! keep that for the next time.. byeeeee for now. KAREN. mum to Zoe Chuckie and Bailey. xx

wow theyy sound a lovely pack, cant wait to see some pictures ;D hi and welcome by the way 😀

Hello 🙂 I have 2 labradors (or the clowns as they r known :D)
    welcome  ;D

Anonymous

Hallo and Welcome look forward to pics

Anonymous

Hi & Welcome 🙂

Izzie

Hi and Welcome  ;D

K9_the_4th

wooops sorry about putting that in the wrong section.

thanks for all the replys, its very friendly here. :-*

Hi and welcome from me+Izzy  🙂

xtine

Hi from me (christine) and Fritz  ;D

*Nick*

Hi and welcome, loved the stories !

*Nat*

Hi and welcome  ;D

K9_the_4th

ZOE.  battered and bruised. but now.. lady of the house.

chuckie.. left for dead.on the streets. 157 days in dog home. now..lord of the manor.

BAILEY.  bad behaviour seen him become homeless. now…cheeky and with friends.

your not bringing that in the house MR !!

*Nat*

Lol brill pics, lovely dogs  ;D Love the last pic, Piper is partial to the odd tree branch  ;D Sticks just wont do  ;D

K9_the_4th

Thanks nat. we have a rather large collection now at the front door..lol.

we couldnt put up a xmas tree this year..incase he tryed to drag it out the house..lol..

he’s wired to the moon… tennis balls ! he’d do anything for a tennis ball too !

*Nat*

Bless him, well as long as he’s happy  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime