Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

My Weapon Is A Dog

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion My Weapon Is A Dog

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

me too, im too busy to watch anything at the minute, got loads of stuff on sky+  ::)

.dodger.

only watched the first 30 mins and only one bit was uncomfortable to watch, which was video footage of two guys with three pit bulls i think they said they were, wont go into detail though but it was pretty nasty.
    It only seems to be skimming the surface of the problem and all the reporter seems intent on doing is getting them to admit that their dog is a weapon, asks a few reasons why they do it but doesn’t go much further than that.

There was one guy with a very well trained Rottie but it was sort of bitter sweet because he still trained it to attack and who knows how reliable it is and how fast he can get the dog to stop.

Another guy admitted that to create an aggressive dog you have to be violent with it, he said it was a bit cruel but it has to be done if you want it trained probably.

The thing you see the most are lad grabbing the dogs muzzle and hitting the side of it’s mouth, they do it to tell the dog off, to get it to let go of the lead ect

Hoping the next half is better then the first…….

Its not, next comes the RSPCA side of things, there was a pup with horrendous injuries, it was heartbreaking.  Then the issue of making money from breeding, selling DDB pups for £250! And there is film of fighting, like on the BBC programme a while back.  I’ve seen a fair few fights in my time but im always amazed at how cold pits fight.  Its just like they get down to it like professionals, not much noise, but lots of blood.

They did pinpoint Piczo though, for being popular with pit breeders, of course Piczo didn’t know anything about these sites and closed them down as soon as the BBC pointed them out  ::)

Mudgie

I still havent watched this yet – need to do worky ups  :-\

emma_pen

I watched it too, and am appalled with the bad light with which they showed every one of those breeds, I know dogs from most of them who are outstanding examples of their breed and this show did nothing whatsoever to show the other side of the coin, apart from a short bit where he walked along the street with a very fat and hot Staffie  ::)  I know the program was about status dogs, but they could have even attempted to dispel the stereotypes, by showing therapy dogs of those breeds or something.

The footage of the “breeder” dogs and the dog fighting was both upsetting, because all those dogs being hauled out on dog catchers and those tiny 4-5 week old puppies would have been kennelled for around a year then euthanased. The poor white ex-fighting dog “Psycho” being treated for those horrific wounds, they will treat him and get him over it because of a court case but euth him after a year or so too – they should be able to PTS them immediately to save them such suffering.

I thought King, the lad that owned Pepper the Rottie, was alright. We didn’t see any evidence that he had actually taught her to attack on command – I wouldn’t be surprised if it was all show for the cameras to be honest, Rotties are naturally protective and she was a beautiful example of one who adored her owner and would do anything for him. I hope they went on to do the Good Citizen Scheme.

The lad that owned Rocky, and the one that owned Kruger the DDB, were complete idiots. They had both commented that their dogs were unpredictable yet they both had them off lead in public streets & parks.

In some sort of defense to the owners of “status dogs”, in my job we see a LOT of these tough guys with their tough dogs, and although they may have them for the wrong reasons, 99% of these owners I come across love their dogs and look after them very well. This of course does not include any type of person who would willingly fight/beat/abuse their dogs.

Was at a dog show yesterday and chatting about rotties etc – and how most muzzles have packaging with pics of rotties on them………we ALL agreed that really it should be pics of jack russells and yorkies as thats what we need the muzzles for  ;)- its just yet again negative advertising against rotties….

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime