Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    labattsbaby

kiz where is the porridge recipe I am LOUSY at searches ::)

kizkiznobite

you have already been here – this is it page 1

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3650.msg154188#msg154188 date=1183130468]
    you have already been here – this is it page 1
    [/quote]

But I didnt see porridge, am I blind >:D

kizkiznobite

the first post of this thread

labattsbaby

Kiz, I found it, sometimes I need toothpicks in my eye balls to find things :o. Do you make doggie treats also from home?

Anonymous

Dog treats are in the stickies as well

labattsbaby

[quote author=Val link=topic=3650.msg154220#msg154220 date=1183133815]
    Dog treats are in the stickies as well
    [/quote]

Ok, thanks.

Labattsbaby – first off – what Val and Kiz dont know about food is in my opinion probably not worth knowing  ;D their advice on the subject is priceless and I should know I still pick their brains concerning Honeys diet.  🙂

Really take your time to read any info on here re feeding natural – there is tons of it – including posts from some of us long time memebers who moved onto batural feeding because of the help we had from Bev and Val. Those sort of posts cover all sorts of worries – that we all having – including the ‘wont he choke on a bone’ worry  😉

I PROMISE raw chicken bones are not dangerous -Honey has them nearly everyday and is healthier than shes ever been. Chicken wings or legs are great but she has all sorts of bones – you should see the size of some she can chew through  😀

It takes time and research and I highly recommend one of Bevs diet sheets once your little one is settled.

Lentils are fine – Honey has them quite a bit too.

Finally back to the bones – I guess chicken wings would be good for you to start with. But they have to be frozen for 24 hours first.

If you get stuck trying to find any of the natural feeding stuff on here just yell and I will have a look for you.

labattsbaby

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=3650.msg154259#msg154259 date=1183137963]
    Labattsbaby – first off – what Val and Kiz dont know about food is in my opinion probably not worth knowing  ;D their advice on the subject is priceless and I should know I still pick their brains concerning Honeys diet.  🙂

Really take your time to read any info on here re feeding natural – there is tons of it – including posts from some of us long time memebers who moved onto batural feeding because of the help we had from Bev and Val. Those sort of posts cover all sorts of worries – that we all having – including the ‘wont he choke on a bone’ worry  😉

I PROMISE raw chicken bones are not dangerous -Honey has them nearly everyday and is healthier than shes ever been. Chicken wings or legs are great but she has all sorts of bones – you should see the size of some she can chew through  😀

It takes time and research and I highly recommend one of Bevs diet sheets once your little one is settled.

Lentils are fine – Honey has them quite a bit too.

Finally back to the bones – I guess chicken wings would be good for you to start with. But they have to be frozen for 24 hours first.

If you get stuck trying to find any of the natural feeding stuff on here just yell and I will have a look for you.
    [/quote]

so the eat the chicken  frozen? Which part of the wing? I understand chicken bones of any kind but NECK is a huge no no with Poms

Anonymous

You should freezer all meat before you feed it to a dog as it kills any nasties that may be lurking.
    Wings will be fine most dogs enjoy a frozen wing in the summer but my small girls always get there food defrosted apart from thinking like melon they all love frozen melon

Yep I nearly always defrost honeys food too but shes been known to eat frozen chicken legs.

Why cant poms have necks to eat?

labattsbaby

[quote author=Val link=topic=3650.msg154456#msg154456 date=1183231419]
    You should freezer all meat before you feed it to a dog as it kills any nasties that may be lurking.
    Wings will be fine most dogs enjoy a frozen wing in the summer but my small girls always get there food defrosted apart from thinking like melon they all love frozen melon
    [/quote]

They can eat melon? 😮 What about frozen berries? Poms suffer in the heat because of the excessive fur :o. I myself love frozen berries, I wonder if they are good for the littlies?

Val, which part of the wing hon? There the the tip which is not all that boney, then the middle which even to ME is sharp :o, how can this be good for little toy breeds 😮

Your pom should be fine in the heat if you keep the coat well brushed – it will protect from the heat as well as from the cold. Its only when the coat is neglected and packed with undercoat that they will start to suffer.  🙂

Anonymous

Poms suffer in the heat because of the excessive fur

A well groomed coat will insulate against the heat in exactly the same way that it insulates against the cold.  Unless taken to the tropics, Poms should have no problem in European heat if they are not left in the sun.

labattsbaby

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=3650.msg154464#msg154464 date=1183232564]
    Your pom should be fine in the heat if you keep the coat well brushed – it will protect from the heat as well as from the cold. Its only when the coat is neglected and packed with undercoat that they will start to suffer.  🙂

[/quote]

Nah, this little dude cost me too much money to not maintain daily as I would myself. He will jsut have to get used to daily brushings whether he likes it or not ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime