Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 179 total)
  • Author

You should of noticed by know I’m utterly crap when it comes to Jakes dinners  😀

Oh bless your trying CC thats all that matters  ;D

travis

You just want to make sure your doing it right CC,I was exactly the same,and I still need advice sometimes.

On another forum I belong to there is a member on there who has a 10 week old cocker puppy,she did no research into a raw diet she just started giving her pup raw,the pup has been unwell for a few weeks,it has an infection beginning with Ch  cannot remember the rest,the vet has told her one of the causes of this infection is raw meat,I asked her yesterday if she was freezing the pups food before feeding and her reply was I didn’t know I had to ,so good on you CC for asking loads of Q’s

I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I made Jake ill or anything like that!

We got a diet sheet from Foxy and we’ve been following that religiously!

travis

Your going about it the right way  🙂

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3650.msg47457#msg47457 date=1150295393]
    the reason i do not have portion sizes on the info is because you should……….

1) really have researched your breed – especially by the time you come to need recipes

2) if you have not then it might encourage you to do so

3) having done so you should be able to adjust that info in to what is applicable for your own dog allowing for exercise routines etc

[/quote]

You know I tried your lovely porridge and the puppy wont eat it, turns his nose up, I forget to mention that as well on the other topic. I also tried the liver cakes or treats, he wont eat that, not even as a treat. :-\

Anonymous

What does he like eating?  Anything that makes him really excited?  🙂

labattsbaby

[quote author=widget link=topic=3650.msg166175#msg166175 date=1187878445]
    What does he like eating?  Anything that makes him really excited?  🙂
    [/quote]

No, nothing, there is nothing that I put for him he will eat. I just got back from him peeing, and praising, then a small run of 4 minutes to entice his appetite. Put broth from the beef bones with some shreaded carrots very small and his puppy kibbles, HE REFUSES IT. So today he has had nothing in his stomach but 2ml of water with his vitamins. He will not eat, or drink anything. There is nothing this puppy will eat.

he must eat be eating something one thing I can guarentee is he hasnt been gaining the weight he has on fresh air  ::)

xtine

I’ve gone and got all enthusiastic and carried away again….  ::)

have made Fritz another batch of porridge… all fine…. there is the meat from the doggy bag plus pasta and courgette and cauliflower (oil and garlic)
    then i made some blended up veggies…..
    really not sure if this is an ok combo: (all raw of course) carrots, butternut squash, pear and kidney beans (in water…liquid from can also went in)

What do you reckon?  :-\

Anonymous

Sounds good to Fritz I am sure I never use canned anything so not sure about the water off the beans
    Val

xtine

It was organic… :-\

kizkiznobite

they should have been well washed – they contain the preservatives and the salt – but he will live – i guess you split it up into portions? and adding his meal?

xtine

I have seperate…. 1 big bowl full of porridge and a chinese takeaway box full of the red veggie slush…

kizkiznobite

ok mix into portion sizes in your bags  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime