Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Nature’s Harvest

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Nature’s Harvest

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Sweetypye

To be fair the person who bumped this up is a new member and therefore may not have noticed the date………..

kizkiznobite

nah..not really mark

new sellers – doing the research having been on the company course…. and the google bit – they have to earn a living  🙂

but yep..to be fair….

*Lassie*

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=7261.msg227100#msg227100 date=1214587742]
    To be fair the person who bumped this up is a new member and therefore may not have noticed the date………..
    [/quote]

But it seems to be the only thread they have posted in ::)

Anonymous

Bev, what i don’t understand is why you have been named in particular when all you actually said was “Wouldn’t give salmon oil”. What’s the big deal about saying that?  :-\ And i might add several other members said it too but for some reason only you seemed to attract special attention.

Wots your secret then eh? LOL  😮 ;D

kizkiznobite

🙂 all those emails and questions to the producers and sellers mark – it an on going thing

sp keeps me focused and makes me re- visit and question myself and i deeply respect that – truly i do  🙂

Anonymous

Hi,

My 3 doggies all have Natures Harvest.  They are all lovely healthy doggies.

I feed them this because I thought it was the best thing for them that I can offer now my feed place have started stocking it.  I could feed them ALOT cheaper with a low grade complete but I choose not to because I want to do the best I can by them.

Claire.

kizkiznobite

and..when you asked me i questioned the salmon oil and then i asked then the q and got no answer …

Anonymous

hi,

i’m sorry i dont understand ?  what question did you ask me ??

if it was why i swapped – because its what SP and Val use (and for ease of opening/smell reasons).

if it was why i cant feed raw – its just too difficult for me.  first i have to find supplier, then get it here, then store it without making us gag everytime fridge opened, feed it without making whole house stink, it upsets all their tummies and its me who has to clear up poo and wee in house with a toddler, bonnie and wills both have food issues to some extent with raw, i just dont have time to do all this, plus atleast steve will feed them on NH theres no way he’d be confident enough to feed them raw, he hates the smell too, harry plays with the bone bits left over (i could go on …)

i also thought someone said that little salmon oil was ok?  i have also given my dogs salmon before – from leftovers of our food.

(it was sweetypye “The miniscule amount of salmon oil is not going to hurt any dog unless it has a true allergy.”)

claire.

trying not to be too off topic here but it fits a wee bit  🙂

got a customer, previously fed pedigree chum biscuits, poor coat poor skin itchy itchy bad ears – the lot you name it he had it. They then moved the dog onto Bakers – not much better eh BUT and my god this says so much about pedigree, his coats grown back and he not so itchy  -still has other problems id attribute to food………….but he certainly better on this crap brand than the other…….

kizkiznobite

[quote author=piglet link=topic=7261.msg227122#msg227122 date=1214591117]
    hi,

i’m sorry i dont understand ?  what question did you ask me ??

if it was why i swapped – because its what SP and Val use (and for ease of opening/smell reasons).

if it was why i cant feed raw – its just too difficult for me.  first i have to find supplier, then get it here, then store it without making us gag everytime fridge opened, feed it without making whole house stink, it upsets all their tummies and its me who has to clear up poo and wee in house with a toddler, bonnie and wills both have food issues to some extent with raw, i just dont have time to do all this, plus atleast steve will feed them on NH theres no way he’d be confident enough to feed them raw, he hates the smell too, harry plays with the bone bits left over (i could go on …)

i also thought someone said that little salmon oil was ok?  i have also given my dogs salmon before – from leftovers of our food.

(it was sweetypye “The miniscule amount of salmon oil is not going to hurt any dog unless it has a true allergy.”)

claire.
    [/quote]

thats fine  🙂 i do understand that some folk dont want to feed raw for various reasons – as i said – I just dont so salmon oil …..

just to explain – what i meant was when you asked me – i said shame about the oil but yep a small amount ok and if it suits them good – but will ask the company for more info…the company didnt bother to reply – then the thread was opened again by the new poster  🙂

fesses

I’m sorry I am trying to keep up with Kizkiznobite’s thoughts. She is clearly very passionate about looking after her dogs and doing right for the consumer and Mark, why would I start a brand new post on a topic which already exists, even if it is in the past.  Helps people find the arguments in one place, I would have thought.  Also I am not affliated to Nature’s Harvest,. I’m not sure if someone suggested that.
    Sweetype and Piglet are on my wavelength and we have to accept that we all have choices on the food we buy for our dogs, according to our level of income or desire to research. As I have now found out that the salmon oil used in Nature’s Harvet is not from smoked salmon, I am happy.

Anonymous

[quote author=fesses link=topic=7261.msg227221#msg227221 date=1214644032]
    and Mark, why would I start a brand new post on a topic which already exists, even if it is in the past. 

[/quote]

…Erm, because that’s what most people usually do on forums. It’s a lot easier than trawling through the archives. :-\ It just gets a bit confusing when you reply to a long dead thread as if it was only being discussed yesterday – even more confusing when a number of the contributors have long since left the site so wouldn’t be able to answer any questions you might have anyway as the thread is no longer relevant to them.

I just thought it would be easier to start a new thread for you so you could get up to date help as things might have changed by now, that’s all.  ;D

GSPmad

[quote author=fesses link=topic=7261.msg227036#msg227036 date=1214568240]
    Despite my best efforts, I can’t find any research or papers which suggest that there is any suggestion that these pigments can harm dogs or humans, although there is some evidence that when salmon is smoked (which our isn’t) the combination of astaxanthin and smoke can results in products which some dogs are sensitive to.

From the thousands of tonnes of Nature’s Harvest we’ve sold since it was launched 18 months ago I can honestly say I haven’t had anyone tell me that their dog has reacted to ‘something’ in the food.
    [/quote]

then why did you say this? or was it meant to be a quote from the company? i’m afraid it wasn’t very clear from your post.

fesses

From .. “The salmon oil we use…” down to ” I will do my best to answer…” is a cut and paste from a reponse I received from Harlequin Nutrition, the manufacturer’s of Berties and Nature’s Harvest.  The use of speak marks would have helped. Noted.

kizkiznobite

it is ‘farmed’ salmon

i suggest you troll through this site:

http://www.farmedanddangerous.org/page/salmon-farming-problems

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime