Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

New carshare forum for dog show exhibitors.

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion New carshare forum for dog show exhibitors.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Just wanted to let any dog show exhibitors out there that are feeling the pinch from fuel price increases. I have just started a forum dedicated solely to car sharing for all exhibitors of any breed across the UK. Hopefully it will enable people who cannot afford the long distance shows to carshare with a fellow exhibitor and share the cost of the fuel and make new friends along the way  🙂

I have (if I’ve done it right ;)) added a link on the links page under Shows so please do join and pass the word on. The forum is only to provide information on people who are willing to give lifts or wanting lifts. Thank you. Please pm me for details if the link doesn’t appear.

Anonymous

Good idea 🙂

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12053.msg231622#msg231622 date=1216665065]
    Good idea 🙂
    [/quote]

Thank you  🙂 All we need now are members to sign up so please pass the word around.  ;D

wags

dont most people do this anyway when they can

we all do – provided everyone fits

and i know a lot of people who do it already anyway  :-\

[quote author=wags link=topic=12053.msg232064#msg232064 date=1216817740]
    dont most people do this anyway when they can

we all do – provided everyone fits

and i know a lot of people who do it already anyway  :-\
    [/quote]

Do we? We might if we already know people local who are going but what about new people showing? How do you find out if people are willing to car share? You can’t just walk up to someone at a dog show can you? 😉
    I’m very pleased that you already do it so perhaps you might join and when you have a bit of space free unexpectedly, offer a lift to a fellow exhibitor. The problem is there are odd people doing it here and there but for it to work really well you have to have a central organisation. Plus a lot of people carshare with their own breeds: what about the exhibitors of other breeds that you don’t even know exist close to you.
    I own labs but I never look through all the breeds of a schedule to see who came from my neck of the woods, nor would I just approach them cold blooded so to speak.
    Let’s not be too British about this and knock it before it’s even got going. I wish someone had done this before and saved me all the long solitary journeys I’ve made in the past  :'(

Anonymous

Years ago we did go to shows in gangs be it on a train or a coach most of the champ shows had coaches running to them but in those days we took a brush a dog and a towel  😮 as time moved on we got our own cars and it was usually just the people that you knew in the same breed or a friend in another breed that travelled with you.
    Now the cars are getting bigger and bigger to carry all the gear  :-\ maybe we will go back in time and stop carrying all the cages and stuff and start sharing again.
    Personally I always shared a car before I moved, now it’s just impossible to share so when I show I go on my own  :'( which makes it both expensive and a long drive home.
    I think this is a great idea but beware of the insurance companies as they view paying half the petrol as more than a private car.
    Think the champ shows would love people to share and cut down the cars it costs them thousands for the extra car parks, look at Windsor they are on the way to running out of land.
    Maybe Southern Counties could of stayed on it’s own land if the cars had not taken up so much of it, am sure there are other shows spending thousands of pounds just for car parks
    Val

wags

most of the people i know car share when/if they can

Anonymous

well i think your forum is super as i am too shy to approach someone to car share and wouldnt know of anyone locally who shows too – if it saves just 1 extra car a show its brilliant IMO 🙂

flyball and agility ppl have teams anyway wags which probably makes it easier to approach someone, showing is a bit different as you may not have anyone in your breed / on your day if you go to RC.

claire x

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12053.msg232237#msg232237 date=1216891254]
    well i think your forum is super as i am too shy to approach someone to car share and wouldnt know of anyone locally who shows too – if it saves just 1 extra car a show its brilliant IMO 🙂

flyball and agility ppl have teams anyway wags which probably makes it easier to approach someone, showing is a bit different as you may not have anyone in your breed / on your day if you go to RC.

claire x

[/quote]

Oh thank you Claire that is really nice of you to say that  🙂 None of my lab friends live near me so chances of me ending up with a lab share is unlikely. I am off to ringcraft tonight to spread the word so the possibility is judging from the dogs at club…I could end up car sharing with a Great Dane!!  😮

Anonymous

hi,

wow – yeah i guess you could share with anyone who is on the same day really as long as they fit in !!!

claire x

Thats a brilliant idea, esp as im trying to find someone from south wales that is going to Birmingham on working/pastoral day that might have room for me and little (did i say little?) Eezie.  ;D

Anonymous
    quote :

little (did i say little?) Eezie.

ahem !!!  little indeed lol !!!!

[quote author=Jessica Allen link=topic=12053.msg232627#msg232627 date=1217116971]
    Thats a brilliant idea, esp as im trying to find someone from south wales that is going to Birmingham on working/pastoral day that might have room for me and little (did i say little?) Eezie.  ;D
    [/quote]

Thank you for joining  🙂 and love your website btw  🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime