Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

No papers, no KC registration

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? No papers, no KC registration

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13468.msg264346#msg264346 date=1237851652]
    [quote author=Delilah link=topic=13468.msg264345#msg264345 date=1237850697]

Having been involved with pedigree dogs for many years i am more than aware of many of the scams that go & believe me there is nothing left that would make my hair curl.
    [/quote

I’m only asking as a friend of mine went to view some pups just before xmas at these premises & was told it was just ONE litter of 13 pups & was shown just one dam, after reading this i am now wondering whether it were TWO litters that she had put together to pass off as one?
    then…that negates your original query does it not?

my advice…for what it is worth is…tell ‘friend’ to walk and…well..with regards to your own purchase…health and happiness…

[/quote]

No, it negates nothing. I was only originally asking as my friend had been to see the pups & after telling me they were nice pups & what a big litter it was i found it strange that someone else was then saying it was 2 litters?

The fact that i have been involved in pedigree dogs for a number of years is neither here nor there as i do not know the lady in question at all so cant comment but i would have liked to know out of curiousity that was all.

As for “my own purchase” i am not in the market for buying any puppies! 

Gosh one can certainly see just how speculation & rumours can spread like wild fire.

I think i will leave my search here as there seems nothing more to gain.

kizkiznobite

[quote author=latifah link=topic=13468.msg257828#msg257828 date=1232062683]
    Not sure whether any one has any advice. I have a nearly 20 month old doberman bitch born 30/05/07. My husband purchased Latifah Sept 07, He filled out all paperwork with the breeder at the time, although with no real intentions of breeding the breeder informed him that she would want to see the puppy when she was a year old to release breeding papers. Both my husband and i have only every had rescue dogs so with never dealed with getting a puppy so serverely naive. At 20 months we have NO papers at all. We visited the breeders house today to find that she was at work any only had one adult bitch. Later on she returned a call to my husband to inform him that she hadn’t released any papers as both sire and dam were vwd carriers and that she would only release papers if we got ours tested, which she informed my husband would cost him at least £75 and that it needs to be sent to america? If she is clear then we can have our papers plus kc registration which we paid for. Is this the norm? Surely she would have known that the sire and dam were carriers before breeding, unfortunatly I wasn’t there when my husband purchased pup, but she never mentioned the test results at time. Should have we been informed that our bitch would carry risk of having disease or is there no protection of this. Apparently breeder had been breeding dobes for over 20 years, although  I found this site by typing in her name of Dablea (her name) doberman to find some one with the same problem with the same breeder.
    [/quote]

who mentioned being in any market  ::)…was respoinding to this….as an experienced involved person of ped dogs…must admit am rather baffled …

by the way are you in any way linked to Mossbawnhill She’s Eleqtric at Salatini….just curious is all…

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13468.msg264348#msg264348 date=1237853172]
    [quote author=latifah link=topic=13468.msg257828#msg257828 date=1232062683]
    Not sure whether any one has any advice. I have a nearly 20 month old doberman bitch born 30/05/07. My husband purchased Latifah Sept 07, He filled out all paperwork with the breeder at the time, although with no real intentions of breeding the breeder informed him that she would want to see the puppy when she was a year old to release breeding papers. Both my husband and i have only every had rescue dogs so with never dealed with getting a puppy so serverely naive. At 20 months we have NO papers at all. We visited the breeders house today to find that she was at work any only had one adult bitch. Later on she returned a call to my husband to inform him that she hadn’t released any papers as both sire and dam were vwd carriers and that she would only release papers if we got ours tested, which she informed my husband would cost him at least £75 and that it needs to be sent to america? If she is clear then we can have our papers plus kc registration which we paid for. Is this the norm? Surely she would have known that the sire and dam were carriers before breeding, unfortunatly I wasn’t there when my husband purchased pup, but she never mentioned the test results at time. Should have we been informed that our bitch would carry risk of having disease or is there no protection of this. Apparently breeder had been breeding dobes for over 20 years, although  I found this site by typing in her name of Dablea (her name) doberman to find some one with the same problem with the same breeder.
    [/quote]

who mentioned being in any market  ::)…was respoinding to this….as an experienced involved person of ped dogs…must admit am rather baffled …

by the way are you in any way linked to Mossbawnhill She’s Eleqtric at Salatini….just curious is all…
    [/quote]

I’m not sure who you are replying to here as you have quoted from a post of mine about purchasing a pup but included Latifahs post, so maybe its directed at them? If it is intended for me then no i have nevr heard of them & certinaly am not linked to them???

Val

It’s no rumour that two posters who we know have been turned over by this breeder having paid FULL price for a pedigree dog that was never registered with the KC neither were the parents tested, all this was promised and has still not arrived even after a lot of trying.
    So just be warned your friend may get a pup but do not hold your breath waiting for the papers
    Val

[quote author=Delilah link=topic=13468.msg264345#msg264345 date=1237850697]
    Thanks for all your replies. As the poster has now apparently left i will explore other avenues.

Having been involved with pedigree dogs for many years i am more than aware of many of the scams that go & believe me there is nothing left that would make my hair curl.

However i am also aware of how rumours & speculation circulate & i learnt a long time ago see all, hear all & say nowt till you’ve seen it yourself with your own eyes.
    [/quote]

Deef

Hi, has anyone had anything good to say about this “Dablea” breeder? I have a “Dablea” Whippet (Yet no papers as agreed) and i’m a little concerened about the longterm implications. Health or otherwise.

Val

You can check the health of any KC registered dogs on here

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/health/search/

If the pup is KC reg and the breeder doesn’t want it used for breeding or stud they can get the KC to endorse the pedigree when they register the litter so that it cannot be exported or used for breeding so ask yourself why they did not give you a copy of the pedigree!!!!!
    Without the pedigree you can do no health checks
    Val

[quote author=Deef link=topic=13468.msg276169#msg276169 date=1282078420]
    Hi, has anyone had anything good to say about this “Dablea” breeder? I have a “Dablea” Whippet (Yet no papers as agreed) and i’m a little concerened about the longterm implications. Health or otherwise.
    [/quote]

Deef

Thanks Val,
    I do question my dogs pedigree… but he does look like a whippet, sounds like a whippet & certainly smells like a whippet…  :vomit:
    I wouldnt change hime for the world but i’m eager to find out more about his heratidge and if there are any problems that i should be looking for and that other people have found from this breeder.
    I think i’ll start a new thread asking for more information about this “breeder.”
    Thanks again Val. :-*

Val

You cannot find out anything without a pedigree I have deleted your last post as you are basically asking the same question on three posts.
    Val

latifah

Been away for a long time…… but i thought I’d update.
    Latifah is a carrier of VWD,after having her swabbed and tested. We never proceeded with anything after this, at least we know that latifah is healthy and the vwd will never affect her. I fell pregnant just after this and we agreed to just let life be, as the stress wasn’t required. i had seeked legal advise and a case was/is valid, i just hope others look into things before they purchased their puppy.  Lesson learnt the hard way.

*Nat*

Sorry to hear Latifah is a vWD carrier but congrats on your pregnancy  🙂

Val

Another board baby Congrats to you  ;D
    As for Ltifah why am I not surpised at least the VWD will not affect her life.
    So if anyone reading this board is even thinking of going to this breeder DO NOT
    There are plenty of breeders out there that health check and give pedigree’s with their pups
    Val

[quote author=latifah link=topic=13468.msg277313#msg277313 date=1285944311]
    Been away for a long time…… but i thought I’d update.
    Latifah is a carrier of VWD,after having her swabbed and tested. We never proceeded with anything after this, at least we know that latifah is healthy and the vwd will never affect her. I fell pregnant just after this and we agreed to just let life be, as the stress wasn’t required. i had seeked legal advise and a case was/is valid, i just hope others look into things before they purchased their puppy.  Lesson learnt the hard way.
    [/quote]

*Nat*

Val, if Latifah is just a carrier, would it affect her during surgery for something?  Just curious as when Piper had her knee op and she had the platelets probs, they tested her for vWD but she was all clear !

Val

When I said in a previous post that VWD will not affect her it’s possible she could have bleeds but as a carrier the chances are less, she is not a pup and is now a mature adult the chances are less, as for surgery there should be no complications as the vet will already knows this bitch is a carrier.
    To have tested her is the wisest thing for all dobie owners to do on a just in case bases
    Val

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime