Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

not kennel club registered

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs not kennel club registered

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My friend has just purchased a ckcs, the pedigree she got with it was a computer printout 3 gens and on the bottom it says not kc registered,  do all litters need to be kc reg or not? she didn’t see the mother dog, and the woman just bought out the pup on its own from a room at the back of her house, she said the pup had had its first jab but didnt give a vets card with proof of this, she also said it had been wormed. We took it to the vet yesterday and its had its first jab again just incase and been wormed, checked over, it had very dirty waxy ears for which the vet gave drops, it seems fine but does keep biting near its tail, though the vet couldnt find any flea dirt or anything. Hopefully she will be fine she seems bright enough, but surely if they give you a 3 gen pedigree they should be k c registered

Prem2Pram

Anyone can print off a pedigree,Just because both the sire and the dam are KC registered, it doesn’t mean the litter was registered.  If you didn’t get a transfer of ownership form then it’s unlikely the pup is registered.

I hope the little one is ok, I have to say it is never a good idea to buy a puppy without at least seeing the mother.

kizkiznobite

oops – sorry but this sounds like a puppy farm type breeder to me.  a condensed version:-
    a pedigree is just a a piece of paper with names on it and can easily be made up – rover out of trix of smith st with fred of brown street etc.   a registered dog is something else – both parents and grandparents and so on and so back are registered with the kennel club – all have id numbers – the litter is registered each pup having the breeders affix plus the individual pups kennel name this is on record data base so if that pup is bred that too can carry on the sequence ie anbrook (breeders affix)
    glenmorangie (1 pup from a litter that all had scottish kennel names) the pup is then transfered to the new owner .

i hope your friend did not pay full price and i hope the wee pup is ok and does well but it is highly unlikely that any health checks were done on the dam and sire and they may well be a mating of brother and sister, or mother may have had more litters than allowed by the KC for example  or the breeder may have lost the licence to breed and register. in any event it sounds as if the breeder is doing it for the money – sadly this goes on and while folk keep buying from these types then they will keep breeding poorly bred pups with bad genes.

Anonymous

Thanks for that, could she register the pup using the pedigree given? I clicked on your link for min pins, they are cute, I have dobermanns, we met some min pins at crufts last year, the lady who had them used to own dobes and said they were the next best thing, now she was older dobes were too strong for her, they are real cuties

kizkiznobite

are there any kennel club details – ie affix + name for the parents – it is up to the breeder to register a litter and then transfer ownership – if you have the affix and name of each then val can prob check if the parents are legit.

Anonymous

Hi
    I will ask my friend for the pedigree when i see her tomorrow and will let you know the names of the dogs, Thanks for your help

kizkiznobite

….and please – tell your friend to get the puppy insured, better to be safe than sorry.

Prem2Pram

Ask your friend if she was given a transfer of ownership as only the breeder can register a puppy with the Kennel Club, usually this is done when the puppies are a few weeks old and when they go to new homes the new owner is issued with a transfer of ownership form which the breeder has signed and the new owner then sends to the Kennel Club.

I agree with Kizkiznobite it would be wise to get the puppy insured even more so if the puppy is from a puppy farm it is more likely to have health problems.

Your friend will find the  Kennel Guide To Puppy Registration helpful (see link below)
    http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/kennelclub/documents/Registration.pdf

Thanks for visiting my site 🙂

Anonymous

This sounds to me like a dealer without a transfer as others have said you cannot register the pup if you post the pedigree I will see if the parents are register and who to if someone is breeding and selling to agents they could be reported to the KC
    Did the vet check her anal glands and has he sold the owner some worming syrup
    Val

kizkiznobite

??? ??? selling to agents? do yo mean they sell to a middle man/woman? doG I must be naive!

Anonymous

You must be girl  ;D
    It can happen both ways to be fair one the breeder just sells them to the dealer thats rare, the other way is the dealer cons the breeder out of the puppy.

We had someone target beardies a few years ago really nice family Man, Woman, Child, just wanted a pet turned out they were working for a puppy dealer in Kent and being paid to go around as a family and buy pups.

And if you ever get an puppy inquiry from someone called Grace Flower she is a dealer she says she’s a widow who wants a pup for company

It’s an evil world
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=2411.msg21761#msg21761 date=1140032780]
    ??? ??? selling to agents? do yo mean they sell to a middle man/woman? doG I must be naive!
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

i will put her on my not sell list – that’s getting bigger by the day!!

Anonymous

Hi
    have just got pedigree, and i have looked on cavalier pedigree site out of 28,000 names not one of the 3 gens is shown, am i allowed to put the names here so you can check for them? yes the vet did check her anal glands, pup is supposed to be 11 weeks old, vet said she was small for that age, lady who sold her said she was selling them for someone else so didnt have the mother there, sounds dodgy to me

Anonymous

OMG Val, that’s terrible! I had no idea at just how low these lowlifes will go to  >:(

Jaydex, sounds very dodgy to me too!

Anonymous

>:( excuse me who are you calling dodgy i didnt sell the puppy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime