Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

not kennel club registered

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs not kennel club registered

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    crazyfrog339

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=2411.msg21784#msg21784 date=1140036880]
    mmm – they seem to be missing the affix bit – like waht i said about anbrook glenmorangie – anbrook the breeders affix and glenmorangie the name of the dog  ???
    [/quote]
    Doesnt have to have an affix though does it Kiz?  I’ve known a woman who has bred KC dogs for years and she doesnt even own an affix so she just names them ‘dumb blonde’ or ‘ginger spice’ etc. sometimes she just lets the KC register them for her with their ‘Kenmill whatever-it-is-that-year’ name if she cant think of enough names.  So i wouldnt say that not having an affix was dodgy although the rest does sound dodgy!!

Anonymous

Awwww, poor pup  🙁

Anonymous

Crazyfrog
    You are right she does not have to have an affix but then a breeder can call herself a breeder and she does not have to be ;D

Any breeder worth their salt WILL have an affix a pet breeder without health checks or understanding of the chosen breed will not, an Affix is what seperates the breeders that know their craft from those that do not
    Val

Doesnt have to have an affix though does it Kiz?  I’ve known a woman who has bred KC dogs for years and she doesnt even own an affix so she just names them ‘dumb blonde’ or ‘ginger spice’ etc. sometimes she just lets the KC register them for her with their ‘Kenmill whatever-it-is-that-year’ name if she cant think of enough names.  So i wouldnt say that not having an affix was dodgy although the rest does sound dodgy!!
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

if someone mates their dogs and wants to call themselves a breeder then it speaks volumes about their lack of skill, knowledge, commitment to the breed’s health, breed standards, breeder codes of practice and overall responsibility as a breeder if they cannot be bothered to pay the fee, get an affix and conform to the KC’s membership policies.

crazyfrog339

mmmm True, hadnt thought about it like that.  i suppose the affix assures people you are serious about your breeding and dont just put any old dog to any old bitch without giving it careful consideration.

Anonymous

Yep you have got it some still get it wrong but not many

[quote author=crazyfrog339 link=topic=2411.msg22306#msg22306 date=1140548839]
    mmmm True, hadnt thought about it like that.  i suppose the affix assures people you are serious about your breeding and dont just put any old dog to any old bitch without giving it careful consideration.
    [/quote]

Jo G

I’ve just been speaking to a man from my local area who is wanting to ‘re-home’ a 4 month old Cavalier as the family aren’t coping. They had a dog 10 years ago and hadn’t realised that their lives had changed so much that they couldn’t manage a dog.  I’ve been trying to trace the dogs history and found this forum. The sire is called Harry blue and mother is Shamias Joy, and the pup was brought from an agent – a Rottie breeder in Leighton Buzzard! so what I’ve been reading here as set the alarm bells ringing. The seller has said that the dog’s had his second innoculations and we can see the vets records to check his health which is reported as being good with a good temprement. We already have two 9 year old cavaliers, a dog and a bitch, who we would want to introduce the pup to before committing to buying him. They paid £400 for him and are asking us for £300 (though I think we could negotiate). We want to give the pup a good home but would we be stupid to take him on without knowing his full hisotory? We only want him as a pet and would insure him.
    Sorry for such as long query, but we want to be sure before committing. What do you think?

Anonymous

I’m sure that it’s not what you want to hear but I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.  Having supported many of my grooming clients through upset, Vet’s bills and much distress to dogs and humans when they have inadvertedly brought Cavaliers from similar breeding, I really wouldn’t put my family through it.
    The not Kennel Club registered is almost a small part of the problem compared to the poor quality and lack of breeder knowledge, which together produce so many problems.
    If you want a Cavalier, contact one of the breed clubs and buy from an experienced breeder and have an asset not a liability to join your family. 

Anonymous

Sorry Jo G I agree with rough one hundred percent especially as it’s a cavie they have major heath problems they have major heart problems most good breeders do not breed there stock young as the heart problems show up later rather than when they are young.

Harden you heart and buy a good KC registered pup with all the health checks done

Val

Anonymous

Poor little girl is off to vets again!! she’s rattling and has a discharge coming from her nose  🙁 hope she’s ok

[attachment deleted by admin as over 6 months old]

kizkiznobite

oh doG – poor wee girlie – i feel for you and your friend – i for one am grateful you are posting all this on here – it may well prevent others from going down the same route – i am sorry and i am not a vet but with these signs i would be thinking distemper – i pray to the gods it isnt – i know you have dogs – be extra careful and tell your friend my thoughts are with her.  please let us know :'(

Anonymous

🙂 thanks goodness… little one is okay, she just has a very bad case of kennel cough, so another week of stronger antibiotics and she should be fine, the vet said because she is so small its taking longer for her to fight the infection…bless thanks for your concern.

kizkiznobite

see post on other thread  🙂

Anonymous

Be careful with your dogs keep them away for at least a month AFTER the coughing has stopped it’s every showpersons nightmare
    Val

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=2411.msg23427#msg23427 date=1141324986]
    🙂 thanks goodness… little one is okay, she just has a very bad case of kennel cough, so another week of stronger antibiotics and she should be fine, the vet said because she is so small its taking longer for her to fight the infection…bless thanks for your concern.
    [/quote]

Anonymous

i know this is old but i was wondering how the poor sicky cavvy was doing now ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime