Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Not sure if I should be concerned

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Not sure if I should be concerned

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Am going to give her the weekend then get her booked in – she seems much brighter today and ate breakfast and most of tea……however noticed she was picking up her right rear leg earlier – just a couple hops but, shes always ‘bunny’ hopped on the left back never been a cause for concern.

*Nat*

Guess we all have off days, hope she’s ok  :-*

trouble is its pushing into ‘off’ weeks now  :-\  thanks Nat  :-*

*Nat*

I reckon the bloods thing would be a good idea anyway Suz, will put your mind at ease  :-*

*Lassie*

How old is she?
    May be a touch of arthritis in the bones, don’t always limp. My hands are a bit stiff with the cold weather.

she has a touch arthritis in her front left shoulder, but thats been much better since the diet change and a change of exercise – still hurts when she over does it. left back leg – im guessing it her knee cap but its never bothered her enough to warrant any treatment! dunno bout right back leg, will keep an eye on her  :-*

🙁 Honey saw the vet – what an idiot. He emptied her anal glands  >:(  >:( despite me telling him not to as i do them when necessary – so yep a little full as I KNEW they would be – so he now reckons that shes not eating because her glands were full  >:(  >:( I told him till I was blue in the face that she often suffers and it NEVER stops her eating – he treated me like I was talking out my backside. He also made her scream doing her glands and i will be very cross if she has problems from this now  >:(

Mentioned the rumbly belly, (he weighed her she now weighs about 8 1/2 kilos so up on her weight he says, yep no suprise last time they weighed her was about 5/6 years ago when she was going through her food problems – she was a bag of bones at the time  ::) )hes given her some pro-kolin as he said her gut flora may be out – ok THAT i can agree with as a possibility – so we do a week of that and then back if she still not eating – she had some tea but seeing as she didnt eat any breakfast its not a huge improvement  :-\ got appointment for tuesday, with another vet  >:D

So not really happy and neither is Honey  🙁 oh but she wouldnt let him look at her back teeth – thats my girl she clamped her jaw shut, shed of let me show him but hed pissed me off by this point so i just laughed  >:D

Izzie

What a  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon Suz  :-* :-*

:-* :-* :-* :-* to Honey

xtine

Poor Honey  :'( hope you have more luck with the next vet hun  :-*
    Could Val /  Bev recommend something for the gut flora? Like pro active stuff or that  not good here?

Was hoping they can Christine – if this stuff works then yep clearly need to add something to her diet – obviously WASNT her anal glands she snitched her nose up at a bowl of turkey – which she loves, she had a few mouthfuls and gone back to bed.

Anonymous

Suz – not sure if relevant but last time I took Loki for Vet and he has upset tummy (about a year ago or more) – the vet offered me pro-kolin for gut flora and I said – can’t I just give bio yoghurt instead and vet said yes – that would work the same  :-\

They also offered me bland diet food (some tins of something) – so I said Can’t I do chicken & rice? And they said yes – would be the same  🙂  Although I actually did chicken and mash – I didn’t want to get into that with them…

poor girl :-*
    there is one vet at my practic that i will avoid like the plague cos he is rubbish (and ive told him i didnt like him 😀 ) hope it doesnt turn out to be anything seriouse :-*

Sarah i did wonder that – but not sure she can have yoghurt would need to check with bev or val – however the pro-kolin has artificial beef flavourings which assuming are not agreeing with the Diva as she now has poorly eye  🙁 he didnt ask me about food at all…once he decided it was her glands he didnt ask anything else, didnt even care when i tried to tell him how much she now wasnt eating  ::)

is not her glands – but she is now sore where he did them  >:(

she has moments like today she was killing a slipper and i think shes ok – then am not so sure  :-\ unless she picks up over next two days we will be back at vets on tuesday

*Lassie*

You can always ask for a second opinion, you can give kaolin and bio yoghurt separate but does she need kaolin?
    Did you get the blood test done?

No he pretty much refused to do blood test – i should of stood my ground i know but was desperate to get out of there  :-\

he said the pro-kolin will balance her gut flora or something which may be causing the problm – she hasnt got upset tummy no sickness she just not eating properly.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime