Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Not sure if I should be concerned

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Not sure if I should be concerned

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13411.msg257675#msg257675 date=1231963748]
    No he pretty much refused to do blood test – i should of stood my ground i know but was desperate to get out of there  :-\

he said the pro-kolin will balance her gut flora or something which may be causing the problm – she hasnt got upset tummy no sickness she just not eating properly.
    [/quote]

Get a second opinion :yes: the man’s a prat

Tam has bromelain supplement and turmeric for his arthritis it has the knock on effect of being good for the gut as well 

I got awful feeling we got the pro-biotic stuff to ‘appease’ the mad pissed off owner – i also got impression i was viewed as ‘typical fluffy dog owner’ which is so far from the truth it isnt even funny………

Justine&Rafe

Suz, that all sounds pretty horrid… I loathe it when people try to tell me what’s wrong with my dog, when I know full well it’s something else.  Good luck with your second opinion at the vets…

Meanwhile Rafe has come up with a novel idea for you… Clearly the Diva is having a mid-life crisis, which has put her off her food so she can compete with the skinnier younger models.  What she needs is a strapping young toy boy to get that gleam back in her eye… nothing like a new love to get your appetite going.

Rafe has therefore, rather generously, offered his services to her.  If nothing else, by day 2 of her seeing him polish off what was left of her dinner she’ll be stood over it growling and scoffing it down!!

Anonymous

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13411.msg257667#msg257667 date=1231962836]
    Sarah i did wonder that – but not sure she can have yoghurt would need to check with bev or val – however the pro-kolin has artificial beef flavourings which assuming are not agreeing with the Diva as she now has poorly eye  🙁 he didnt ask me about food at all…once he decided it was her glands he didnt ask anything else, didnt even care when i tried to tell him how much she now wasnt eating  ::)

is not her glands – but she is now sore where he did them  >:(

she has moments like today she was killing a slipper and i think shes ok – then am not so sure  :-\ unless she picks up over next two days we will be back at vets on tuesday
    [/quote]

Doesn’t have to be yoghurt? I guess could be blue cheese or those drinks like actimel? See what Val/ Bev say in terms of what she allowed….  But can’t be worse than beef in the stuff they gave you anyway  :-\  That stuff is sooo expensive too….  🙁  especially if you not need it…  I always feel railroaded by one of the vets at our place – she lectures me… and I just nod and smile and tell her I’ll think about it when she says anything about flea treatment/ worming/ vaccination or castration…

Justine&Rafe

Ooh, and being slightly more helpful, if dogs are allowed probiotic yoghurts etc, they’re probably fine on the probiotic tablets you can get for people.  ALTHOUGH CHECK WITH VAL/BEV!!  Don’t go to health stores like holland and barratt as they are high cost and low quality.  You’re better going for something off t’net and (in people definitely, so I assume it’s the same for dogs) you want ones with a good guaranteed bacterial count per tablet – the higher the better, and the good ones are ones you need to keep in the fridge.

I got some called PB8 which seem to be pretty good.  They do the trick for me anyway, and if they didn’t I’d know about it!!  (And they aren’t toooo expensive)

They’re capsules too, so if the Diva isn’t fond of tablets you could always empty the contents into something yummy.  Not as many bacteria will get through that way, but plenty will and that’s better than nothing.

P.s. blue cheese is not good for stuff like that – lots of mould, and often penicillin used to culture the mould – would kill off good bacteria!  Actimel etc ok but have really high levels of sugar which can contribute to tummy upsets and certainly pathogenic bacteria LOVE a good sugar hit.  Natural yoghurt (like yeo valley) better as doesn’t contain sugar.

Hope not too confusing! xx

*Nat*

Sorry Suz, missed the bit where you went to vet  ::) What a total pratt  >:( Hope you get to the bottom of this soon  :-*

Dont think the Diva should have anything high in sugar…….

She says to tell Rafe she likes the sound of a toy boy  😉  :-*

She has (thank god!!) eaten tiny breakfast and a decent tea  ;D so is possible the medicine is working – so yep seems we need to look at something to add to her food for her tum – no grumbly belly either  ;D

The Diva is feeling SO much better – she no longer looks depressed and has eaten properly today – is a happy girlie again  ;D However her bottom is really bothering her now – bloody vets am phoning monday to complain  >:(

Anyway think i definately need to look at added pro-biotics, Val when you see this would really appreciate your views  :-*

awww poor honey  :-*
    sorry missed this, what did the vets do to her  😮

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13411.msg257921#msg257921 date=1232139015]
    The Diva is feeling SO much better – she no longer looks depressed and has eaten properly today – is a happy girlie again  ;D [/quote]

Glad to hear it! Not so happy about the stupid vet, her poor bum! How embarrassing for her  :embarrass:  😀

They emptied her anal glands – vets are an arse when it comes to glands – amount of dogs i groom who have problems cos the vets just cant bloody leave them alone  >:(

*Nick*

Excellent news Suz! 

The indignity vets put them through sometimes!  :boooo:

is a huge relief have been really worried about her – but my girlie is back  :-*

Izzie

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Glad you is feeling better Honeybuns  ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

xtine

Not sure if this works on my mobile, but really pleased for you and Honey x x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime