Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

offal ‘n bones

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health offal ‘n bones

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

okay its another food question ;D

stan is now having bones for breakfast every day and we have (touch wood) had no problems with his tummy. so now i just have a few questions.

– stan is currently having a rack of ribs or a spine ect but im wondering if i could increase the ammount of bones in his breakfast and give him like 2 racks of ribs.
    – the butcher has given me a nice big bag of bones and in it is a lamb (i think) carcass, its the entire rib cage and the spine attached. so i was wondering if i can give that to stan as it is or if i need to take it appart. only asking as i have no way of butchering it.
    – i was also given quite a bit of off cut meat, fat, skin and offal. stan is getting the meat, skin and fat (occasionally) but im not sure what to do with the offal? if anyone has any ideas

i know im constantly asking questions about feeding but any ideas would be great ;D

Sweetypye

Um I tend to feed my dogs the offal………………. they love kidneys, heart, liver, not to mention lungs etc.

Val

Me Too  ;D
    [quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=14889.msg273489#msg273489 date=1257953153]
    Um I tend to feed my dogs the offal………………. they love kidneys, heart, liver, not to mention lungs etc.
    [/quote]

so do i just give it to him as it is?

Val

Apart from the odd stew in the middle of winter that we all eat I give my dogs food as it is  ;D

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=14889.msg273494#msg273494 date=1257965350]
    so do i just give it to him as it is?
    [/quote]

Mudgie

Offal – nooch loves it – oxtail is a definite favourite  ;D

You dont need to butcher stuff hun – dog has big lovely canines to do that for you  ;D

xtine

Fritz loves the offal… not so much raw but if lightly cooked first then  :yes: but he is a mad dog on hearts… he can’t have too much of that at all  :nono:

thanks mudgie just wast sure if he should have that much bones in one go.

i think i might lightly cook the offal in the first instance and then gradually reduce it to raw
    he is one spoilt doggy 😀 😀

Sweetypye

Oxtail isn’t offal though (although it may be awful) 😀

Heart is offal but also, like tongue, a muscle meat.

😀 😀 😀

xtine

have been tempted to by a tongue for fritz… I spied them on sale in Waitrose the other week…. but if they would make him as hyper a a 1/4 of heart does I won’t bother  😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime