Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Oh Dear!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Oh Dear!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

::) ::) scroll down to grooming bit on right hand side :-[

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16487590/

wags

Suz wont do it to Oban  😀 😀 😀

.dodger.

poor pooch – they’ll get laughed at by all the other dogs 😀 ::) ::)

*Lassie*

I thought you meant this to start with on the left ::)

Dog’s death highlights grooming hazard, they cooked the poor bloody dog 😮

Think the groomers would be better off with one of them model dogs that Suz bought rather than make a real dog look stupid :-\

Mudgie

american huh – surprised ………….not

Dawn is incredibly talented – hats off to her i would LOVE to have her skill one day  🙂

Lassie you might think the dogs look stupid – but its just a bit of fun, the dogs themselves often enjoy all the fuss and attention and it doesnt hurt them. Not to everyones taste and not something Id want to do – but I dont think that they look stupid. Just some incredibly talented groomers showing just how good they are  🙂

RE the dog being cooked to death – awful and not the first time either, gives us all a bad name. Didnt read the story assume it involes a cabinet dryer?

However lady complained to papers because a groomer shaved down her lhasa – groomer had the last laugh she had saved the MATTED coat which she showed to the irish equivalent of rspca, who admitted the dog had been neglected  >:D

Anonymous

Very clever lady some I like some ………….. :-\
    We in the UK are very good at this type of work we don’t really go in for too much multi coloured dogs but we have some talented scissor work on maybe two three coloured bases
    Val

*Lassie*

RE the dog being cooked to death – awful and not the first time either, gives us all a bad name. Didnt read the story assume it involes a cabinet dryer?

Got it in one 🙁
    I agree they are very clever with the colours and cuts but I like a dog to look like a dog 😉

Yep I know you do Lassie  😉  :-* is ok be no good if we were all the same  ;D

Errryes the drying cabinets, well I dont personally like them. DOnt think Val uses one either…….there ok but is easy for the dog to get ill specially short nosed breeds – the air in them doesnt get HOT but is like in a car, there no cool air for the dog to utilise to cool down, so a couple minutes max – any longer and your asking for trouble. I think its happened in America more, story always seems to be the same dog got left in too long  :'(

I hate drying cabinets, there’s literally no escape for the dog  🙁

*Lassie*

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12200.msg235731#msg235731 date=1218374814]
    I hate drying cabinets, there’s literally no escape for the dog  🙁
    [/quote]

The groomers explained that Sushi had been in a cage dryer — an electronic box with a heating element used to dry a pet after it has had a bath. Vieira reported that Keith Bushey took pictures of the dryer’s control panel, which showed that it had been set at 100 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. It was a Lab :'(

😮 30 minutes, 28 minutes too long and god knows that temp was far to high, might of well just stuck the dog in a car in the middle of the sunshine  :'(

.dodger.

that’s awful!! 😮 :'(

Anonymous

I too hate drying cabinets think they should be banned
    As for the shapes and colours of the dogs most owners have the dog reshaped and the colour washed out.
    Some of the dogs are owned by the groomers but a lot are not they are just clients dogs that you ask to borrow, most owners think it’s good for a laugh some even come to the competition.
    Val

kizkiznobite

as well as distressing, i find it baffling to be honest…
    why does the design even allow that sort of temp and time….and isnt there an auto timer on them that cuts out regardless say after 3 mins or something?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime