Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Oh Dear.

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Oh Dear.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Anonymous

and that from a country that treats them like scum, ties them up with cans over their mouths, cages them in the street & then eats them! >:(

i think cloning on any level is disgusting and that is the only thing that i am going to say on this matter as it realy winds me up >:( :-\ :'(

I dont really understand cloning, is the aim to produce a dog that looks exactly like the one it was cloned from?  Or does it have the same personality?  ???  But im thinking it cant be that because how can you have two dogs with the same personalities?  ???

.dodger.

i think they looking for same talents. For example they cloned a champion sniffer dog and they hope by cloning him they can have a ton more champion sniffer dogs – i think that’s right :-\ 🙂

Oh right, but isn’t that what selective breeding is about?  ???

.dodger.

yeah but i suppose you’ll never get a dog with the exact same talent as their parent – they may be stronger in one point but weaker in an other so by cloning you get the perfect all round dog just like your champion.  if i’m making any sense lol

Yeah you are but i just cant get my head around the fact that they can be the same, surely environment, training etc shapes a dog.  Its too hard to think about  😀

.dodger.

yes the environment and training will help shape the dog but i think they are looking for the same potential as the original. So if you think about all the dogs that fail the police test by doing this you know that the dog have everything they need to become a champion all they do need is the correct training ect in the same manner as the original dog was dealt with to help it become what i can be. :-\ confusing this is lol

GSPmad

have heard of this in cats in america too, i am sure.

i thought a dog had already been cloned – an afghan hound, if memory serves.

GSPmad

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12028.msg230816#msg230816 date=1216317517]
    Yeah you are but i just cant get my head around the fact that they can be the same, surely environment, training etc shapes a dog.  Its too hard to think about  😀
    [/quote]

PHENOTYPE (ie what you get – animal as it is & behaves) = GENOTYPE (ie genetic make up) + ENVIRONMENT (ie training, conditioning etc).

a clone is genetically identical – identical genotype (same as identical twins) but will not necessarily be phenotypically identical – as you say foxy, environment plays a part in what you get.

Does that help?  🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime