Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Omega 3 and glucosamine

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Omega 3 and glucosamine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    -Alison-

Ok please tell me I am being stupid here. I had an elderly lurcher staying with me for a fortnight after his mum had a heart attack. Henry is about 10-12 years old now and has spent at least 2 years of his life living as a stray before he went to live with my friend, at some stage he was possibly hit by a car as one of his front legs is twisted and bowed out. Now for the last 6 months or so hes had very little exercise due to my friends ailing health so being with me and my lot was a bit of a culture shock for him I think and he was suffering loads from stiffness especially on that front leg after a walk. Ive been giving mine omega 3 caps for a while now and I was giving them to him as well. Ive just got off the phone to his owner and I suggested I buy him some and maybe some look into getting him something like glucosamine as well but she has just got me a little worried saying that dogs should have a lower dosage omega 3 to humans as otherwise it can do more damage than good. This IS the woman who told me I would make my dogs aggressive by giving them raw food but I just want to make positively sure now. And if I do get Henry some glucosamine what strength should it be?

Anonymous

The dosage for glucosamine is 500mg/25 lbs of body weight and the dosage of chondroitin is about 400mg/25 lbs of body weight.
    You can’t really over dose as these are safe medicines but thats the recommended doses.
    Val :ok:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime