Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

OMG Look what I found today!

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip OMG Look what I found today!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Dad was looking at some cards and I noticed some stickers, had a quick look and though nah most of them are cropped ears then noticed a handsome chap in the corner!!!!  Are they allowed to use your pics without asking, cant think where they got it from ???

[img width=468 height=454]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/jaydex/101_0818.jpg[/img]

My boy is FAMOUS!!! 😀 😀

Anonymous

The answer to that is NO whoever takes the picture has the copywrite that is why you should be careful who is taking the pictures at a dog show especially Crufts beardie folk are careful at Crufts some breeders have found their dogs on cards in books on T-shirts and sweaters, found on of mine many years ago in a very well known book without permisson
    I find it really annoying it doesn’t take much to ask, I am often asked if my pics can be used I do not have a problem but I go nuts if someone doesn’t ask first
    Val

Anonymous

I have emailed them asking where they got it from.

http://www.petqwerks.com/stickersbybreed.php#

notice the bit at the bottom that says about removal of images from this site is illegal! 😀

*Nick*

Problem I see is proving it’s your boy, hopefully they’ll do the decent thing and respect your wishes.

Anonymous

I dont mind really but it would have been nice to have been asked first, I have another pic taken at the same time, same hand, same ice cream, same collar even the same blades of grass!! 😀 😀
    Wonder if I’ll get a reply :-\

Anonymous

The Cavalier one is interesting-spot the King Charles Spaniel !!!!!! :what: :what: :what: :what: :what:

And theres a rotti pup on the GSD stickers!

I once got a card sent to me with Izzy on the front.  I’d had some pics taken when a photographer came to the creche.  Later someone else who’d had pics done on the same day got handed a leaflet on the beach for a local dog club and her dog was on that leaflet!  😮

I emailed the card company but all they said was they got the pic from a photo bank website and the chances of it being my dog were tiny!  Err  i think i know my own dog!  >:(

bisto

That was the picture you took that time in Bushe Park! i remember !! i also have the same picture in my photos Sue  >:D

Anonymous

This is how these photographers make a living they sell the pics to the world photo libary this is where companies go to look for pics to put on things it’s also got a lot worse since the internet
    Val

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=13337.msg256134#msg256134 date=1230657607]
    And theres a rotti pup on the GSD stickers!

I once got a card sent to me with Izzy on the front.  I’d had some pics taken when a photographer came to the creche.  Later someone else who’d had pics done on the same day got handed a leaflet on the beach for a local dog club and her dog was on that leaflet!  😮

I emailed the card company but all they said was they got the pic from a photo bank website and the chances of it being my dog were tiny!  Err  i think i know my own dog!  >:(
    [/quote]

**Woofums**

The trouble is if you post an image on an open forum there’s nothing stopping a person taking it.
    I’ve been emailed via Flickr & D.A asking for use of my pics (both are accounts with copyright restrictions)
    A pro photographer doing a shoot, where the public only pay for pics they buy, are within their rights to sell all images taken. They will have that written in the T&C somewhere.
    They pay the store an amount for floor space & make some money from after sales, but they can charge more per image if it’s used in a campaign.
    Good quality stock photography is big business.

It is a fab photo of him  :yes:  ;D

Anonymous

Got a reply

They said they PURCHASED it from a company called http://www.gotstickersonline.com  but when I put that address in I get a ‘cant display the web page’ note.
    Could someone else try it for me please.
    yep Debs that was Bushy Park ;D I love the pic Suz he really enjoyed that icecream 😀 😀

.dodger.

i’ve tried Sue and it says that they can’t find the server :-\ i’ve tried googling it too and no website was found

*Nat*

Bloody cheek, nice piccie though  ;D

Anonymous

They are selling them on Ebay and they can’t pull that one they should of checked for copywrite

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=13337.msg256155#msg256155 date=1230673402]
    Got a reply

They said they PURCHASED it from a company called http://www.gotstickersonline.com  but when I put that address in I get a ‘cant display the web page’ note.
    Could someone else try it for me please.
    yep Debs that was Bushy Park ;D I love the pic Suz he really enjoyed that icecream 😀 😀
    [/quote]They are selling them on Ebay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime