Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

oppinions wanted

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion oppinions wanted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

ok as some people know i am looking for a job and have leanded towards becoming a chef so i just wanted to get you oppinions (sp) on wether you think my food looks good enough.
    these are the pictures that i will be using in my portfolio when i put it together

home made vegetarian chow mein
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/delevago/stuff016.jpg[/img]

home made cottage pie with salad and coleslaw
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/delevago/stuff002.jpg[/img]

home made warm summer fruit salad
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/delevago/stuff001.jpg[/img]

honest oppinions please ;D

*Nat*

Ok the chow mein looks lovely and so does the summer fruit salad but……there’s something missing from the cottage pie  ???  ;D Looks a little boring I think  :-\ Probably taste great though  😀

have to agree i did think it looked a bit wrong but not sure why :-\

*Nat*

You’ve made me go get strawberries and cream now  >:D  😀

;D ;D ;D i can do you a recipe if you want 😀 ;D

.dodger.

i think it’s because there is a big empty gap in the middle of the plate so it looks like someone is in the middle of eating it. I would say more of the cottage pie so it takes up more room so it looks like it’s the main part of the meal. At the min it looks small in that pic so it looks as if its a taster plater with differnt things to taste – not just one meal – not sure if that made sense 😀 ???

that did make sence laura ;D i would agree actually will remember that for when i next do one. either that or i will use a smaller plate 😀

*Nat*

No bigger portions is better  😀

😀 😀 have to agree ;D

*Lassie*

The cottage pie the plate looks a bit empty, you just need to work a little more on presentation
    A little gravy would have been better with carrots,beans or other veg in season rather than salad, colour is appealing so vary the mix of veg/ fruit whatever, try not to get everything the same or similar colour. You have to appeal to 3 senses – sight, smell and taste – that is the order they come into play 😉 be brave and try different flavours together to see how they work.

Apart from the fact I only like the pudding to EAT – I agree with the others, pudding looks the prettiest  :-* God should you say that about food? The first one looks good too – but I wouldnt want salad with cottage pie……….veg  ;D

Also the pictures – clear the clutter from background and clean table tops  😉  :-* or even better put a cloth down or something?

very good points i will bare them all in mind when i cook tomorrow ;D

im going to do a cake tomorrow ;D

ohhh I like cake – make brownies and send them to me I LOVE brownies  😉  ;D

wags

your to nice to be a chef  😉

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12033.msg230869#msg230869 date=1216326279]
    ohhh I like cake – make brownies and send them to me I LOVE brownies  😉  ;D
    [/quote]

mmmm will have to find a recipe ;D

wags i am not to nice to be a chef ;D but thanks for the complement ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime